Chapter 66: Wedding

Hiccups pov

I hated to admit it, but I was nervous. I've been branded many names, 'Dragon conquerer', 'Slayer of giants', 'Darius's fist', and even 'The pride of Egypt', yet despite my reputation and being able to stomp out rebellions, slay monsters and defeating supernatural demons seeking to destroy man, I was nervous about marrying Astrid. Don't get me wrong, I've dreamed of this day since I hit puberty, but now, I can't describe how I'm feeling. Obviously I'm happy, I'm overjoyed, it's just that, I promised dad that I'd take his place as chief of Berk and that will limit my time to spend with Astrid, I cast those thoughts from my mind.

First thing first, marry Astrid, then deal with being chief tomorrow. Snotlout nudged me in the shoulder, I looked at him, he gave me a hardened look. "Snap out of it cuz! Uncle Stoick and Aunt Valka want me to make sure you stay focused." I scoffed and smiled, though Snotlout and I have had MANY differences, we finally mended our old wounds and made up.

"Snotlout, I appreciate your assistance, but until you meet someone you TRULY love, you won't understand the nervousness that's racing in my veins." I said, he looked at me smirked. "What, you just wiped out a supernatural army off the face of this world and you're afraid of Astrid?" He snickered, I groaned, his dim witted brain is slow to process. "No I'm not afraid of Astrid, I'm burden with the responsibility of being a good husband and now future chieftain, it weighs heavy on my heart." I admitted, though I felt like that would strike a nerve in Snotlout, instead he placed his hand on my shoulder, I looked at him.

"Cuz, I've wronged you in so many ways, I beat you and humiliated you out of spite, I don't know why my hatred for you was so strong back than, but it just was, I should've protected you and stood up for you, and I'm sorry, but I need you to do me a favor and grab hold of your cock and be a man." He said sternly, I smiled and we grasped forearms. "Thanks Lout, I appreciate it."

He smiled and nodded, he than turned forward and his eyes widened. "Don't look now cuz, but your wife is looking stunning." He said, I turned around and my heart dropped in my stomach.

There, stood Astrid Hofferson, she had always been beautiful but now? She looked like a goddess, her very presence seemed to glow, her hair, which was loose yet had waterfall style braids, with flowers sticking out of her hair, her dress was pure white, and showed off all her curves just right and made her look even more beautiful, she had no shoulder pads on, yet had black wolf fur wrapped around her neck, and she had silver arm cuffs on each of her forearms and from those cuffs came white fabric that connected to her dress.

She came in tow with Garth Hofferson by her side, my heart felt like it was pounding on war drums, finally as Astrid came face to face with me, we both smiled at each other and held each others hands.

I let out a shuddering breath as I looked at my wife to be. "Astrid...my god, you look breathtaking." She smiled. "You clean well yourself too babe." I rolled my eyes and squeezed her hand, she did the same and than a shaman came to address the wedding.

"Friends and beloved guests, we are all gathered here today, to witness the unification between clan Hofferson and clan Haddock." Everyone clapped and cheered, Astrid and I smiled warmly at each other.

The shaman continued. "There is no vow more sacred, nor covenant more holy than the one between man and woman. With this ceremony, your souls are bound together, forever joined. Hiccup Haddock, do you swear to always be true to Astrid?" I stared deeply in Astrids ocean blue eyes and smiled.

"I swear it." She smiled and we looked back at the shaman. "Astrid Hofferson, do you swear to always be to true to Hiccup?" Astrid looked at me and stroked my hand lovingly.

"I swear it." I smiled and squeezed her hand, the shaman nodded. "Then by the grace of Freyr and Freyja Herself, I name you husband and wife, Hiccup, you may kiss the bride." We both give each other toothy grins.