Chapter 15

Breathe Sydney, breathe.

It's just a dress, it's just a dress Sydney.

My mind was giving my body a pep talk as I readied myself. I turned on my heels, my back pressed firmly against Mark's chest once more as I stared at a frowning Taylor. I would be lying if I said she wasn't the most beautiful person in this hall. The floor length gown seemed to float around her feet as the top of the dress hugged her small frame perfectly. The silver around the waist worked alongside her silver butterfly stilettos making her pale tanned skin shimmer under the lanterns.

"I asked you a question Sydney" Taylor's patience was wearing thin as I snapped out of my staring episode. I've been gawping at everyone today.

"I... I..." what do I say? 'I can't get ready because you are wearing the dress I have in the back room waiting to be worn by me?' I have a feeling that conversation wouldn't flow very well.

"Yes?" She took a step closer and I felt Mark's arm wrap itself tightly around my waist. He found angry Taylor scary. I tried to hold back my chuckle as I thought about the first time Mark and Taylor met.

"I... You look stunning Tay. That dress looks perfect on you" I mustered up my best fake smile as I placed my hand over Marks, breaking his hold as I closed the short distance between me and Taylor.

My arms wrapped around Taylor's shoulder but she didn't hug back. I stood there awkwardly for a couple of seconds before pulling away. Now that wasn't a response I was expecting, heck I didn't even get a response.

"That still doesn't answer my question Sid" There was so much venom seeping from her words I subconsciously took a step back. Have I done something wrong? Is something wrong with the preparations?

"Come on Tay, she was just heading to the back now to get ready" Louis piped up from behind me. I released a deep breath I hadn't noticed I was holding. Louis seems to have turned from the devil to my saviour.

I turned around to look at the group behind me, shooting a genuine thankful smile towards Louis. He winked in response making me smile wider.

One of the caterers walked up to Louis and whispered something in his ear. He shot me a sympathetic look before grabbing Eleanor's hand and following the caterer to the kitchen. Anna followed in suite, her gaze catching my eyes as she silently wished me good luck.

"Off you go then" I heard Taylor say. My eyes landed on Harry who was staring at the ground. He hasn't said anything since Taylor arrived. Now that's weird.

"I'll see you all in a few minutes" I stated, my gaze lingering on Harry before I looked at Mark. I walked back towards him as I leaned into him, my lips hovering next to his ear.

"Can you check what is wrong with the caterer please? He looked pissed off" I whispered earning a shudder from Mark. I smirked as I placed a small kiss against his jaw. His only response was a quick nod, pink tainting his cheeks before he walked away.

It's funny what type of effect I had on him, but then again he had the same effect on me.

I proceeded with the matter at hand; getting ready before someone else had a silly comment about my appearance. It wasn't like I hadn't attempted to get ready in the past hour.

"Oh Sydney?" Taylor called from behind me.

I simply hummed in response, continuing my walk to the doors that separated me from the back rooms.