Chapter 29

A/N: Enjoy the chapter sweeties! Hope it lives up to your standards. There's a bit of Niall and Louis included. (I've missed them in the story and if you haven't already realised, Sydney's closest to these two in different ways. Just to recap: Niall and Sydney have a friendly relationship whereas Louis and Sydney have an almost brother/sister relationship)

Stay lovely xx.

The song I've chosen for this chapter is A Fine Frenzy- Almost Lover. Press play and read :) She's an amazing artist and she's  beautiful!

I still had yet to tell the rest of the girls about being dropped out of the wedding. The messages continued to beep through in our group chat as they spoke about what shoes to buy and what jewellery would match. I opted out of opening the messages, making sure my presence wasn't included in the conversation.

Two days passed steadily, spending the minutes I wasn't in work with Mark. I hadn't told him about me no longer being a bridesmaid. I knew he would be gutted and I couldn't handle any disappointment in the short time we still had together.

"What about this one?"

I turned my phone off, putting my full attention on Mark. We were currently looking at possible flats or houses for Mark. He was hell bent on not moving anymore, saying he would rather just book a hotel and come back when he had a day off. We both knew that would be too much hassle and the costs would be a pain in the ass.

He was getting cold feet on the idea of moving and I was doing everything in my power to make sure he would make decisions he would regret.

"I like the marble kitchen. Not keen on the bedrooms though"

I was constructive with my criticism. Mark laughed loudly as he shook his bed. A small kiss was pressed to my temple as we rummaged through more possible homes.

"There must be one that you like"

"When I find it I will let you know" I could feel his eyes on me as I looked through the papers.

"That won't be any time soon" He mumbled.

I looked up, a scowl on my face. How rude. I slapped his arm making him chuckle. I wanted only the best for him, the least he could do was sit there quietly and appreciate it.

"You're so mean to me" I whined.

 Mark leaned in towards me, removing the papers that were in my hands. Lightly, he pushed, making me fall back on the sofa. A soft 'oomph' sound left my lips, startled by his sudden movements. I stared into his sparkling eyes as he hovered above me.

"Only because I love you"

His voice was barely a whisper. My heart skipped a beat before breaking into a thousand pieces. There's that word again. I pushed aside the negativity I felt towards the four letter word and pursed my lips at the boy on top of me.

"You mustn't love me that much if you're always mean to me"

"You're wrong" My mouth fell open as his face turned serious, his lips in a hard line. He brought his face closer to mine, our lips brushing. "It means I love you an infinite times more than you will ever know"

My heart swelled at his words as Mark pushed his lips against mine in a sweet kiss. I tried to ignore the voice in the back of my mind, cursing me for betraying him. He loved me and only me, my love was shared between two people. Was that fair on Mark?

 I pushed his shoulders, changing our position. With all that guilt in my mind, I closed the distance between our bodies. My mouth savoured his taste, my body moving and causing friction between our clothed bodies. I expressed my sorry through the kiss, my tongue swiping across his bottom lip.