Chapter 51

A/N: Heeeeeeeeeeeey! So, my deadlines are almost complete and I'll be graduating soon! I plan on completing the story before I graduate. It's like ending two different chapters in my life. :) 

For anyone wondering, there is about two(?) more chapters until My Best Friend's Wedding is complete. I might do a epilogue if you guys would like one! 

I can't believe we've finally reached the stage of Harry's wedding! These three months in the story have been a roller coaster for me, you, Sydney and Harry. I hope I do the ending justice! 

Billie Eilish- Six Feet Under 

I never mentioned to Louis that Harry had come by my home during his stag do. Louis had called me the next day to see how I was doing and to update me on the wedding. I didn't know why he felt the need to do so, considering I had no care when it came to the wedding. 

I had a feeling Louis still wanted to try and make sure the wedding didn't happen. He wanted me to be that person in the movies that storms in and shouts 'stop the wedding'. Fortunately for us, we weren't in a movie. This was real life, with real people, with real emotions. 

I had a bag packed for a weekend in Cheshire. I told my mother that instead of attending the wedding, or being so close to the action, that I would come and visit her. 

She seemed more than pleased. She had decided not to attend the wedding too. Anne and Robin were hurt by her decision, but they understood. I on the other hand didn't agree with it. She was a part of his childhood and the majority of his life. She deserved to be there and send off the son she never had. 

But she said her loyalties lied with me and she would rather have a weekend with me and Thor. After work, I packed the car with my night bag and all of Thor's essentials. I made sure all the lights and switches were turned off before locking the door and heading into my car. 

I connected my phone to the car and we headed to the motorway, ready for a weekend away from all the commotion. At least now, Louis and the rest of the guys had no reason to expect me to turn up. 

The news had spread that Harry and I were no longer on good terms. Our tight friendship group knew, his family knew, my family knew. And unfortunately for us, the paparazzi and fans knew too. 

I deactivated my Twitter before work this morning, after being told by Lou what had been trending. Harry's fans may like me, but their loyalties were with Harry. And Taylor's fans were involved too. The trends that Lou screenshot to me were unsettling and I tried hard to not let it affect my emotions. 

They were creating their own theories. Some were almost accurate, and others completely crazy. I didn't leave  a warning on my Twitter. I simply deactivated because I didn't need to be a part of this. I never asked for that aspect in my life and I didn't want to endure it. 

The Neighbourhood plays through my speakers as I join the motorway. I look over to Thor, finding him fast asleep on the passenger seat. I smile at the sight before focusing back on the road. 

I didn't think to tell anyone about my little trip away and I made sure my mother kept her mouth shut too. I just wanted this weekend to be over. The wedding was on Sunday and I wish the happy couple a lifetime of happiness. 

-- 

We arrived late evening to Cheshire. 

My mum's smile was huge when she saw me exit the car. I embraced her in a hug and then allowed her to get acquainted with Thor whilst I removed all our belongings from the car and into the house.