Chapter 18

Jayde walked into the precinct and Fin saw her. He looked at her and shook his head. "What's up", she asked.
"You had a crush on Justin Bartha? Really", he asked in disbelief.
She looked at Amanda who was trying not to laugh. "Once you go Riley Poole, you don't go back. Like I said, it was the sarcasm". She sat down at her desk and opened her laptop when a piece of paper fell out. Upon opening it, she saw Sonny had written her a note: Who is Anthony Rapp?
She looked at him. "You had to write me a note to ask me that?" She held up the piece of paper. He laughed silently. "I'll tell you later".

The rest of the day, the squad teased her about her AMA and she handled it with grace. Olivia later sent her and Sonny to follow up on a lead. As they walked to the car, he asked who Anthony Rapp was. "He's a Broadway star. Rent, If/Then. Why?"
"Just a question". He got in the car as Jayde was left wondering what was going on. Later she got a text from Amanda to meet them at the bar she used to go to with Sonny. She called her sitter to tell her that she would be late. Once she got there, Amanda met her at the door and escorted her to the back.
"What's going on?"
"You'll see".
When they got to the back, she saw Anthony Rapp waiting for her. She covered her mouth in shock as he came over and gave her a hug. "How did –"
"Barbra hooked us up", Fin told her laughing.
"I can't believe this!"

The rest of the night, the squad watched their friend talk with her favorite broadway performer. They were highly amused by her being star struck. "What's your favorite song from Rent", he asked her.
"Good lord. Probably Out Tonight, Rent, Halloween, and Finale B".
He nodded. "Those are great songs. So, you're a blogger?"
"Yes! It's miamor-porsiempre at Tumblr. I write about my life, being a mom and wife and other random things".
"I'll have to check it out. Whats the name? Is that Spanish?"
"Yeah it means My Love Forever. It's something my dad used to say to me and my mom".

At the end of the name, he gave her another hug as he promised to check out her blog. After he left, she felt like she was floating on air. She went home and immediately emailed Rafael after saying goodbye to the sitter. Both of the kids were fast asleep so she opened her iPad.

Thank you so much! It was the best surprise and I'm still in shock! Anthony is a total cinnamon roll! – Jayde

Rafael was at home relaxing after a hard day at work. He laughed when he read her email. You're welcome. Although I'm not up to date on the latest slang, I have no idea what a cinnamon roll is. I know you're not talking about the food. Anyway, I'm glad you had fun tonight. The credit for the idea goes to Rollins. We just orchestrated it to perfection. – Rafael

From urban dictionary, a precious cinnamon roll is someone who is too cute and innocent for this world and should be protected from this world. See also, Dominic Sonny Carisi Jr. The teens of the internet are responsible for the word, I just threw in Sonny for shits and giggles. – Jayde

Rafael laughed again at her reply. It was then she saw that she saw that she had a new message on her Tumblr page from Anthony. It was nice to meet you tonight. I had fun surprising a long time fan. We always appreciate fans of the show, especially the long-time ones. I'm happy that your squad contacted me. I read your blog and I'm happy that things are getting better for you. If you want to meet up again, let me know. – Anthony Rapp

Ok, y'all. I'm still walking on air. Today the squad surprised me with a visit from Anthony Rapp. For you who don't know who he is, google Mark Cohen from Rent. I swear he is a total cinnamon roll. The only thing that tops this are: my two weddings and the birth of my children. I still don't know how they did it, but I'm so happy they did! I want to thank Rafael Barba, Amanda Rollins, Fin Tutuola, Sonny Carisi and Olivia Benson!