Chapter 57

Things I Love About Sonshine
By Jayde Furnier Perrier Tallarico

He's hilarious and always makes me laugh
He's a ray of sonshine on my cloudy days
He waited for me for years
The kids love him
He has the energy of a child
He loves with his whole heart
I can kiss him whenever I want
The way his hair looks when he wakes up in the morning
He's always been there for me, no matter what
He's my best friend
He fights for justice for the victims
He loves me no matter what
His smile is infectious
He's stuck with me forever
The way he calls me 'doll'
He gets excited over little things
The way he proposed to me
His laugh is contagious
He's a little awkward
He's adorable

Jayde wrote the list then folded it up and put it with his stuff for work. He was sound asleep beside her so she snuck back into bed. The next day he was at his desk digging in his jacket for a pen when his hand felt the piece of paper. He was curious because he didn't remember putting a piece of paper in there. He unfolded the paper and he read it. Amanda saw this. "What's that?"
"Something Jayde put in my jacket".
She came over to see what it was. She read what was written over his shoulder smiling. "That's cute. You should tape it to your desk".
He laughed and nodded then dug around for tape. After finding some, he tapped the note to his desk where he would be able to see it.

He saw Amanda looking at him and she smiled then went back to work. He took out his phone and texted Jayde. I got your note. – Sonny

You did? I'm so happy! Did you like it? – Jayde

I love it, doll. I love you so much. I'll see you tonight. – Sonny

He smiled knowing how excited she was that he had received the note and loved it. They were finally planning their wedding and they he was excited to finally be marrying her. He had fallen in love with her the second he met her. Now he was going to be spending the rest of his life with her. His thoughts got distracted by Olivia sending him and Amanda to Jayde's office to check on a lead. "Don't be so excited, Carisi", she had teased him.
Amanda laughed as they walked out. When they walked in, they checked in with the receptionist who called her. She walked out a few minutes later. "Hey! You guys should come to my office!"
They followed her and when they got there, they saw stuffed animals and other toys on the floor. Her desk, which was full of paperwork and pictures was pushed up against the wall. They looked around. "This is a nice office you got here", Amanda complimented her.
"You should see my desk. I got a picture of everyone".

They sat down in chairs by her desk. "We were just wondering if you got anything on Samantha's case".
Jayde sorted through some paperwork. "It's amazing how I get work done sometimes. I found it. The 16 year old who was raped by her boyfriend". She handed the paperwork to Sonny. "She disclosed to the school nurse who called school security. There was evidence of an assault".
He looked through it then gave the paperwork to Amanda. "The only problem is that she's on the line between child and New York State law that says she's old enough to consent".
"How old is he?"
"He just turned twenty".
"Did she consent", Sonny asked her.

"At first but then she changed her mind. They went to his room during a party and she decided that she didn't want to have sex but he forced her".
"That's still rape".
" I know but I also know how his lawyer is going to spin this. It'll give Rafael something to keep busy with". Amanda and Sonny laughed.
"Doesn't he always keep busy", Amanda asked.
"Yes. For real, he takes his work home with him. I seriously had to tear it away from him".
They laughed again. "I'll have to tell him you said that", Amanda told her.
"I don't care".