Chapter 21

After three wonderful years, I am sad to announce that Johnny and I have decided to officially separate. Our decision was a hard one to make but it was made with mutual respect and no third party is responsible for our decision. We ask for privacy for our children during this time.

The decision was hard and after it was made, she started crying. Never in a million years would she think that she would be getting divorced. All she wanted was 50/50 custody of their children. They both knew that their marriage was going downhill after she went undercover. They had got into a fight and he didn't talk to her for a couple days after. She took her wedding ring off and gave it back to him.

The next day at work, the squad noticed that she wasn't wearing her wedding ring and Sonny asked her about it. "It is what it is", was all she could say. He wrapped her in a hug. "Thanks Sonny".
"Who's decision was it?"
"His. I never thought this would happen. He said that it's not fair to me and the kids to never be home".
"It'll be ok", Amanda told her.

Later Rafael noticed that something was different. Jayde was quieter than usual. "Is everything ok", he asked cautiously.
Jayde sighed. "I'm getting divorced".
His face fell in sympathy. "I am so sorry. How are the kids doing?"
"They don't understand what's going on. I told Johnny that all I want is 50/50 custody. I don't want his money or even spousal support".
They sat down on his couch and he looked at her not knowing what to say. They sat in silence for a moment. "We announced it on my blog. I just never thought I'd be getting divorced in my thirties", she said as she thought out loud.

The divorce took a month to complete. She was awarded 50/50 custody until Steven started school, then she would be awarded primary custody. Johnny came up to her after the hearing and gave her one last hug. Their friends Steven Tyler, Alice Cooper and Joe Perry were surprised by their announcement. All three of them called her to see how she was doing. "I'm doing ok", she told them.
"If you need anything, please tell us. You are and always will be part of our family", Joe told her.
"Thank you".

A few months later, Jayde and the kids were getting used to their new routine. They missed their daddy and they didn't understand why. Rafael and the squad checked in on them as did Anthony Rapp who had read about the divorce on her blog. I just wanted to tell you how sorry I am to read about your divorce. If you or the kids need anything, I am leaving my phone number below. – Anthony Rapp

Jayde called him and he invited her for coffee. When she saw him, he gave her a hug. "How are you doing", he asked.
"I'm doing better. It's still hard, you know not to have someone to call at the end of the day".
He nodded sympathetically. "Divorce is hard. My parents got divorced when I was younger and my mom primarily raised me".
She took a drink of her coffee then thought. Her head nodded. "My mom got married in their twenties and their still together". A smile. "I know this is depressing".
"No. well, it is but I don't mind". He gave her a smile. "I've been reading more of your blog. Your son sounds like a handful".
This made her laugh. "He has his own opinion and he wants everyone to know it. I'm just hoping Kiera isn't as strong willed".

At the end of the date, Anthony asked to see her again. "If you're not ready, I completely understand".
She smiled at him. "As long as you can handle a single mother".
He moved closer to her and he cupped her face in his hand. "I think I can do that". His lips brushed hers as he kissed her. He pulled away to get her reaction and once he saw her smile, he kissed her again. "I'll call you again for another date", he told her after finishing the kiss.
"I'd like that".