Chapter 22

Jayde had gone on a few dates with Anthony and she was quickly falling for him. He was the perfect gentleman as he held doors open and ended every date with a kiss. They decided to take things slow and every date was special. He made her feel wanted and important. The squad noticed a smile come back to her face. Rafael asked her about it and she denied everything.

After posting a picture of him on her blog, everyone knew. She had captioned the picture MYSTERY COFFEE DATE. They had gone to a coffee shop then walked around Central Park. The squad was happy that she was happy since they worried that she would sink back into depression after the divorce. Johnny knew she was dating and he was happy for her as well.

"So you and Anthony are dating", Amanda asked her.
"Yeah. It's brand new though so I'm not introducing you yet".
Amanda smiled and nodded. "You worried we're going to interrogate him? Read him his Miranda rights?"
"Good lord. I hope you don't".

Now she and Anthony were at her apartment and she was making supper for them. He walked around her apartment looking around. She came over to where he was standing. He put his arm around her shoulder. At that moment he was looking at a picture of her with her two children. "They are so adorable", he told her.
"They are". She was about to say something but the timer on the stove interrupted her. They walked back to the kitchen and she took the lasagna out of the oven. "This is Mamá Ramirez's special Mexican lasagna". She took out two plates and forks before cutting it. "This looks delicious", he told her.

After eating, they packaged up the leftovers and put everything in the sink for later. "That was delicious! You'll have to give me the recipe".
"It's secret", she replied. "Ok, not really. It's mostly spices". She found the recipe then gave it to him. He laughed as he folded it up. They went back to her living room where he looked at her cds. "You have a lot of different music".
"I have more music on my Spotify". She got her phone and opened her Spotify. He started laughing when the song La Vie Boheme started playing. "I will always remember this song. I don't know how many times I've sang it". Jayde laughed.

After the song ended, she put on Thinking Out Loud by Ed Sheeran. He smiled as he pulled her into a dance. They danced around the living room until the song ended. He put his hand on the back of her head and the other on her hip before kissing her. It was the best kiss he had given her so far. At that moment she had fallen in love. Her hands were on his belt loops and when the kiss was over, he smiled at her.

They ended the night watching a movie and falling asleep with her head on his chest. He woke up and smiled looking down at her. He rolled over so he was on his side. Jayde woke up and looked at him. He brushed the hair off her face then kissed her again. "Good morning", he told her.
"Good morning. What time is it?"
He reached over to his phone and turned it on. "It's one in the afternoon".
"Good lord. Thank god it's Saturday". He smiled at her. She was so beautiful, he thought. Even with bed head. Her hair was flowing all over the place. He laid back down by her. "What did you want to do today?"
"Stay here".
"I think we can do that". He told her with a smile. She laid back down and put his arm around her shoulder. He leaned down and kissed the top of her head.