Chapter 62

Another broken engagement. Sonny's parents who once loved her, didn't agree on her sexuality. He tried to talk to them but to no avail. They decided to stay together for the kids but they weren't getting married. He held her as she cried into his shirt. It was like her dream had come true, except this time it was her worst nightmare. "I'm so sorry. I love you".
She got angry. Why does everything end in I'm sorry. "I'm tired of I'm sorry. I know you're not your parents but I'm so tired of hearing that every time. Johnny, Rafael and Anthony. I'm just fucking tired".
He wrapped her tighter in his arms. "I know. None of this is fair. You deserve better. You deserve someone who will give you forever, Jayde. Someday you will find that someone and he or she will never leave you and you will spend the rest of your life with that person". He wiped her tears away.

He got up and kissed her goodbye then went back to work. She was supposed to go to the amfAR gala with Rafael so she got up and took a shower. The warm water flowed down her skin and she cried as the water soaked her. She spent ten minuets in the shower before getting ready. They had got a sitter who would be watching Santana while she went out. Getting ready took ten minuets and before she knew it, the sitter had arrived. She gave her all of Santana's information as she waited for Rafael.

"You look beautiful". They were standing in line to get in and he kissed her cheek making her smile. He noticed she wasn't wearing her engagement ring and he didn't want to ask. Once they got in, they sat down at a table near the stage. She looked around as did Rafael. "So how's Jayde?"
"Exhausted". He laughed. "Thankfully Santana is such a good baby".
"And Sonny?"
She sighed as she showed her ringless hand. He shook his head in sympathy. "His family accepted me until I came out".
"You deserve better".
A sigh. "I know".

During the night they listened to speakers and chatted with people at their table. Anthony seemed to be absent as was Adam, Cybele and Idina. Rafael kept a close eye on her and he could tell that she was trying to have fun. Her phone went off signaling that she had a text. I know you're with Rafael, I just wanted to say that I'm at home with Santana. I hope you're having fun. I talked to my parents. If you could, please call me or I'll see you tomorrow. – Sonny

After reading the text, she excused herself and went outside. Sonny was surprised that she was calling him. He told her that he talked to his parents who wanted them to break up. "So you're breaking up with me? What about your promise to Steven?"
He sighed. "You deserve better than me. You go have fun with Rafael".
"Ok fine. I'll see you later". She sighed as she didn't want to start crying. They had broken off their engagement and now they broke up for good. She decided to text him that she was upset so she was probably getting a hotel room to cool off. Sonny texted her back almost immediately. I understand. – Sonny

She went back inside and saw Rafael. His eyes showed concern. "I don't want to think about it right now". He nodded and they went back to their table. Later they were walking to his car after the gala when she fell on her butt on the ice. He laughed as he went over to her. "You ok?"
"Yeah. I got hit by black ice". He helped her up. "Thank you".
He took her hand as they navigated the ice and snow.

Since she told Sonny she was staying at a hotel, Rafael insisted she stay with him so they went back to his apartment. They went to his couch and sat down. He looked at her then kissed her. She was surprised but she let him kiss her. He pulled her closer then pulled away. "I'm sorry. I...", he stammered. She bit her lip but he kissed her again. His hand went to her cheek.

He looked at her again as he waited for her reaction. "I'm sorry. I don't know", she told him.
He nodded. "I never..." he got up and she went over to him. He wanted her.
"I love you, Rafi and I never stopped loving you". He put his arms around her waist and she put her hands on his chest. They kissed again as she ran her hands down his front. He brought her to his bed then asked for permission to continue. "Yes", she said softly. He kissed her deeply as she undid his tie and his shirt. He undid her dress and threw it on the floor. His lips went from her lips to her neck as she laid down.