Chapter 70

Sometimes I feel like Taylor Swift of the blogging world. About 90% of the time my friends ask me 'Are you going to put that on your blog?'
Rafael read this and laughed to himself. He was in his office taking a break from the case he was working on. During tough cases, he turned to Jayde's blog for a laugh or two. It made the day go by faster and he loved her sense of humor.

My 15 month old daughter loves the word No. Everything is no and none of us think she knows what it means. #santanagabrielle

He laughed again and shook his head. It was then he saw Olivia walk in. "Liv. What can I do for you?"
"I was just talking to Rita. She told me that something happened between you and Jayde and now she is out of a job? Do you care to explain?"
Rafael tapped his pen then got up and closed the door to his office. "What I tell you cannot leave this office". She nodded in agreement. "This started after Jesse broke up with Jayde".
"They broke up?"
He nodded. "And Jesse told her that a 'friend' was telling her that she was cheating on her. She pressed her for the friend's name and Jesse told her that the friend was Rita, who is also her mother".
"Wait, so Rita was telling her daughter that Jayde was cheating on her? Why would she do that?"
"She said, after I talked to her, that she deserved better. Then she admitted to kissing me to break up my marriage. Jayde was right about everything".

"Jayde? What did she say?"
"She thought she was being paranoid but she thought that Rita was trying to ruin her. First she broke up our marriage, then she was the opposing attorney when she testified against her parents. Then she broke up her relationship with Jesse. Just because she didn't like her".
Olivia shook her head as she tried to comprehend everything. "And she admitted to doing all of this? Wow".
He nodded. "She blindsided all of us".
"I heard you two are back together".
He smiled. "Where'd you hear that?"
"Stuff like that doesn't stay secret at SVU".

After talking to Rafael, Olivia went back to the squad. "I just spoke with Barba, who confirmed everything. Rita Calhoun no longer works for the city of Manhattan".
Everyone's jaw dropped. "So she broke up Jayde's marriage and then had her daughter break up with her? Wow". Amanda shook her head.
"Did she say why", Sonny asked.
"All I can say is that it was Jayde who figured it out".
"Damn", Fin said in shock. "That's cold".
"How is she doing", Sonny asked.
"She's back with Barba. Don't you read her blog?"
Sonny looked at Amanda. "I must have missed that post".

That evening Jayde and Rafael were on the couch enjoying a glass of wine while they watched the kids play. "Liv came to my office today and I told her what happened".
"Good lord. What'd she say?"
"That Rita came to her and told her that because of you, she was out of a job".
"Because of me. Wow".
"I told her what you told me and she believed us".
She took a sip of her wine. "If I hadn't been paranoid, we never would have figured it out".

He laughed as Santana came over. She grinned at them. "Hey, baby girl!"
She held her arms up over her head. "Up!"
Jayde put her wine glass down then picked her daughter and set her on the couch. "Rafi. Baby". She gave Rafael her doll. He smiled. "Thank you! I'm going to call her Martha".
Santana smiled then pointed at his wine glass. "This is wine. You wouldn't like it", he told her.
"Icky?"
They laughed. "Yes. Icky", he told her.
"Guess where you get to go this weekend? You get to visit daddy!"
Santana looked at her mother. "Daddy", she yelled excitedly.

Kiera looked at her sister and smiled. "You going to see your daddy?"
Santana nodded and grinned. "Daddy!"
Jayde and Rafael laughed. "When is my dad coming", Kiera asked.
"I'm not sure, bud. Do you want to call him?"
She nodded and Jayde got up to get her phone. She found Johnny's phone number and dialed it then handed the phone to Kiera. She smiled when he answered. "Hi dad!"

"Daddy, daddy, mama!" Santana threw her arms up and smiled.
Lucia looked at her and came over to them. "Hi, princess. Come to join the party?"
"Who is Kiera talking to?"
"Her dad, Johnny. Who are you talking to?"
She looked at her mother. "You!"
"Silly!" Santana pointed to Jayde.
This made both Jayde and Rafael laugh. "I am being silly".
Santana laughed. "Silly mama!"

Kiera came over and handed the phone back to Jayde. "Dad wants to talk to you".
She took the phone from her daughter. "Thanks. Hey Johnny!"
"Hey, doll. How's it going?"
"It's going better. How's things with you?"
"Eh. Not too bad. I was thinking of coming to New York next month. The Vampires will be doing a show".
"Oh my god! We would love to see you guys!"
"No", Santana shouted.
Jayde laughed. "That was Santana giving her two cents".
He laughed. "She sounds adorable. How old is she now?"
"She's 15 months and everything is no. She likes to randomly shout it out sometimes. We don't know if she even knows what it means".
He laughed again. "Well I'll let you know when we're coming to town".
"That would be awesome! Tell the guys hi for me!"

After hanging up, Jayde told the kids what was going on. Steven and Kiera were excited to see Johnny. "Daddy", Santana yelled joining in their excitement. Everyone laughed. Later after putting Santana to bed, Jayde came back to Rafael and the other kids. She plopped down by Rafael. "She is so adorable", Rafael told her laughing.
"She has so much personality. From the time she wakes up to when she goes to bed, she's here, there and everywhere".
Lucia came back over. "So Santana goes to her dad's and Kiera and Steven see their dad. Me and RJ get to stay here. It'll be quieter".
Jayde smiled. "Yes it will. We might do something with Johnny and our friends. Maybe we can go out to eat".
"Do I know them?"
"You met them a long time ago. I could show you a picture". Jayde got her phone and googled the Hollywood Vampires. "The cool thing about being friends with celebrities is that I can google them to see what they're up to".
Rafael laughed. Jayde found a picture of Alice Cooper, Joe Perry and Johnny. She showed Lucia who was who.

"Why does he have makeup on?"
"That's Vincent. He just likes dressing like that but he's not scary".
"How old are they?"
"Just a second". She googled them. "Vincent is 68. Anthony is 66 and Johnny is 53".
"Johnny is 53? Wow, he doesn't look that old".
"Yeah, I know. He could pass as 40-something. I should tell him you said that. He'd probably appreciate it ".

So I was talking to Lucy about you and the Vampires. We had to google how old everyone is and Rafael didn't think you could be 53. I told him you would appreciate hearing that. – Jayde
Haha. Tell him thank you. I do appreciate it. – Johnny

Jayde told Rafael what Johnny had said and he laughed. "He's kind of had a boyish look. He's always looked younger than he is", Jayde told him. "Oh I forgot to google Steven. He's 68, the same age as Vincent".
Rafael nodded as he thought about this. "Isn't he on that one show?"
"Yeah, the X Factor. I seriously don't know how these guys are still alive, especially Steven. They partied hard then got sober".

I'm bulletproof, nothing to lose. Fire away, fire away. Ricochet, you take your aim. Fire away, fire away. You shoot me down but I won't fall. I am titanium. You shoot me down, but I won't fall. I am titanium.