Chapter 43

The next few weeks were tough as both she and Rafael sat the kids down and told them about the divorce. They were devastated as they couldn't understand why. Their lawyers tried to work out their divorce and custody arrangements. They decided to give the former couple 50/50 custody with Jayde having them during the week and Rafael on weekends. When it was over, she walked out of court with tears coming down her face.

Something nobody tells you about divorce is that nobody expects to do it twice and the second time might be harder than the first. I just went to court today to end my second marriage. I am angry and there are things I want to say but I won't do it here because I know what I say on here is permanent. I never expected to be in my mid-thirties and divorced twice. I still believe in love and happily ever after, I just need a break from finding my Prince Charming.

The squad checked on her and they told her that if she or the kids needed anything, to call them. "I will, thank you". The apartment was quieter and the bedroom she once shared with Rafael was emptier. The squad wanted to rip his head off and he knew they were angry with him but they still tried to remain professional. "I know you are angry with me and you probably want to kill me, and I understand why. I'm not going to ask your forgiveness". Everyone nodded.

Jayde was at her apartment when she heard a knock. She went to the door and opened it. "Sonny. What's going on?"
He smiled. "Just wanted to check on you".
A small smile. "I'm doing a little better. The kids are with Rafael and Johnny". She went over to the couch with him following behind.
He nodded and sat down on the couch. There were toys everywhere and a glass of wine sitting on the end table. "That's good. We just want to make sure –"
"I don't go off the deep end?" He smiled. "Thanks Sonny".
"How are the kids doing?"
"They're upset. Steven is talking them. He's the oldest so they look up to him. Lucia is just a baby so she doesn't know what's going on".
He nodded again. "He apologized to the squad and I wanted to rip his head off".

He looked at her then brushed some of her hair off her face. Without thinking, he kissed her then pulled away. She was in shock and she got up with him behind her. "Sonny... I don't know. I'm sorry".
"Hey I get it. I never should have –". He took her hand and pulled her close.
She put her head on his chest. He wrapped his arms around her. She looked at him realizing. "You still love me".
He nodded. "I have always loved you, doll". He bent down and kissed the top of her head.

After he left, she went back to the couch and wrapped herself in a blanket. She wanted to fall asleep and forget this nightmare. Her best friend was in love with her. When Sonny got back to the squad room, he went to the break station where he saw Amanda. "How's Jayde?"
"She said she's doing a little better".
"Well that's good, right?"
"And I... I kissed her".
Her jaw dropped. "What did she do?"
"She said that she was confused. I never should have done it".
"But you still love her".
He nodded and then walked back to his desk.

Later Jayde was outside the precinct and she was talking on the phone with Joe aka Anthony. He was cheering her up by making her laugh. "See, this is why you're my favorite, Anthony. Just don't tell anyone". She laughed. "Ok. I have to go back to work. I love you". She hung up and saw everyone looking at her. "Who was that", Fin asked.
"My friend, Anthony. He just called to check on me".
"Your new boyfriend", Sonny asked.
"You jealous, Sonny? No. he's like my dad".

Olivia came over and they talked about the case. Sonny tried to pay attention but he wondered who this Anthony was and to be honest, he was jealous but he would never admit it. The child they were talking about was an 8 year old boy that was being molested by his teacher. He had disclosed the abuse to his older sister who called the cops.

When the meeting was over, Jayde got her stuff and Sonny came over to her and he thought of how to ask jayde who this Anthony was. He was interrupted by Rafael who had walked in to talk to Olivia. Jayde saw him and they said hi to each other before she walked out. Sonny watched her leave then went back to his desk. Amanda saw him. "So... Anthony?" He glared at her. "Who's he?"
"How should I know?"
"You could check her blog".
He opened his laptop and put the address to Jayde's blog in the search box.
"Anthony Rapp or Joe Perry aka Anthony Periera".

Just wanted to tell you that Carisi is checking out who you were talking to. He thinks you have a new boyfriend and he's jealous. – Amanda
Lmfao! I was talking to Joe Perry. I'm seriously going to tease him about this next time I see him! – Jayde

Amanda read her reply to Sonny and he got beat red as everyone laughed at him. Later they saw a new entry on Jayde's blog: That moment when your best guy friend gets jealous of your best guy friend. #maybeifiwas40yearsolder. I can't wait to visit my 'new boyfriend' and the other Vampires. I'm literally still laughing my ass off about this. #alittlewinedrunk

Ps. I'm really dating Justin Bartha haha. Just kidding.

Sonny rolled his eyes after Amanda read her journal entry. Rafael came up behind them to see what they were laughing at. He saw what his ex-wife had written and asked what was going on. Amanda filled him in as Sonny looked like he wanted the floor to swallow him. Amanda scrolled down and she saw an entry that Jayde had written with the title A throwback. I love this song!
They saw a music video below the title titled Chop Suey by System of a Down. She hit the play button and they listened. "I think I just blew my eardrum", Sonny commented
Fin laughed. "You've never listened to rock music?"
"Not this".

She scrolled down and they saw an older post that was titled Yo ni siquiera se
My husband and kids are asleep. It's almost one in the morning and I'm on the couch because I can't fucking sleep. I keep thinking of shit. My mom texted me earlier about the Jewish New Year. I totally forgot. She said that my grandmother got me a gift and she wants me to come over sometime. I honestly don't know if I should go or not. I don't really want to talk to them. Johnny wants me to make up with them but I don't want to. We both know they treated me like shit the past few years and I don't want to start anything. Every time I talk to them, they're always telling me what I'm doing wrong in my life. They don't even know I'm married or have the kids and I don't want them to. Anyway... amor, Jayde Lucy Furnier Perrier Tallarico Depp

Everyone thought about what she had written. How could they missed this? They all went back to their desks and Rafael went back to his office.