Chapter 61

Maternity leave means binge watching netflix right? Because that's totally what I'm doing. I'm so happy that Netflix has Pirates of the Caribbean and Dazed and Confused. Anthony Rapp is so adorkable in this movie, oh my god. I totally need to think of another movie to watch after this one. Unless I want to watch rent again for the infinite time (not that I'm complaining). Or What's Eating Gilbert Grape... or Mean Girls.. #canimarrywillturner #potcforlife

Anthony read her post and laughed. He decided to text her. Hey. I'm glad you like the movie. I don't remember how old I was but it was guaranteed a good time. I'll have to visit sometime to meet your new daughter. – Anthony

Oh my god. You will have to for real. I miss you. Hopefully I won't be so hyper when you come over. I'll talk to the fiancé and let you know. – Jayde

It's been decided y'all. Next on my binge list is ... fuck, I can't decide. Oh my god! 10 Things I Hate About You!!! Is Heath Ledger-ing a word? Fuck it. It is now. My 90s heart is full. Good lord, I'm so fucking hyper right now.

Jayde put her phone down to focus on the movie. Heath Ledger was amazingly gorgeous and he was the reason why she decided to watch the movie in the first place. His natural Australian accent caught her attention. In the movie he played somewhat of an asshole but he became a loveable character. Julia Stiles had her sarcasm and it made her laugh.

Sonny returned home and found her asleep with her iPad playing Mean Girls. He smiled as he turned it off. She felt him sit down on the couch and she saw him looking at her. "Hey Sonny". A yawn came from her lips.
"How was your day?"
"Great. I binge watched a lot of movies in between feeding and playing with Santana".
"I could tell by your blog".
She laughed. "I was too hyper to decide what movie I wanted to watch".
"What movie were you watching?"
"Mean Girls. It's a classic chickflick".

"I thought more about last night and you coming out". She looked at him wondering what he was going to say. "I guess I kind of understand now. It's like you said, love is love and it doesn't need labels".
She nodded. "And Fin explained it to me. He said that it's like when I see a beautiful woman, it's the same for you".
"Yeah. The first time I actually saw a woman like that, it scared me. I didn't think of bisexuality. Up until that point, I never saw women like that. I only saw men. After that point, I began to develop crushes and it took me along time to be ok with that".
He nodded understanding. "I get it".
"That's why I didn't tell you. I didn't tell anyone until I decided that it was ok".

He smiled and nodded. "Fin also told me how hard it is to come out because of the stigma. He said that people don't come out until they're comfortable and then when they do, it's like relief. People can hide it from everyone for years because they're afraid of being rejected".
"Yeah. There are so many LGBT people or kids that don't come out because of their family not accepting them. I came out because I knew that the squad and Rafael would accept me as who I am but I was still scared. Now I feel relieved that I don't have to hide it anymore".
"You don't have to be scared to be who you are, Jayde. I love you and I'm going to marry you because I don't care what you're sexuality is. You're still Jayde and I will always love you no matter what".
"What about your family?"
He kissed her. "I'll tell them".

He got up and got his phone out his pocket then sat back down as he called his parents. Jayde watched him anxiously. His father Dominick answered and they talked for awhile. Jayde could tell by the look on Sonny's face that it wasn't going well. It reminded her of when Anthony's family didn't accept her. He tried everything but they wouldn't change their mind. Sonny got up from the couch and started pacing.

When he hung up, he looked back at her. "They hate me".
He didn't say anything for awhile as he sat back down. "They're like I was. They don't understand. Hey, I promise you that no matter what, I will never leave".
A nod as she fought back tears. He kissed her. "Why does everything have to be fucked up", she wondered out loud.
He laid beside her and wrapped her in his arms.

They spent a few hours with her in his arms until Santana started crying. Sonny got up and got her out of her crib and then left to feed her. Jayde checked her phone as he did this. She had a new message from Rafael asking her to call him when she had the chance. Wondering what he wanted, she found his number and called him. "Hey, its Jayde. What's up?"
He smiled. "I was just wondering how you're doing".
"I'm doing good. Exhausted but good".
"That's good. I read your post".
"Oh yeah I saw that. Thank you". She stretched as Sonny came back over to her with Santana in his arms.

"I was wondering if you would like to go to an amfAR event with me".
"That would be awesome! I just have to clear it with Sonny. I'm sure he and Santana would like to have a daddy-daughter night".
He laughed. "Alright. Let me know".
"What's going on?"
"Rafi was wondering if I wanted to go to amfAR with him. It's a fundraiser for AIDS research that's held every year".
He thought as he sat with his back to the couch. "Go. Have fun. You deserve a night out".
Jayde smiled and she kissed his cheek. "Thanks, Sonny!"
She got her phone and texted Rafael that she could go. Great! I'll send you the information when I get it. – Rafael

Santana looked at her and smiled. "You are just one happy little girl", Jayde told her.
Sonny looked at their daughter. "Must be a Carisi".
"A little female version of Sonny Carisi". He laughed. "She can bicker with RJ and we can get Olivia to mediate".
"That would be interesting. Or we could get Fin".
"Good lord. That would be awesome!" Santana laughed. "What's so funny? You're such a little ham". She cooed.