Chapter 49

It was another Saturday with Anthony. They were laying on his bed with her head on his chest. They had just made love and neither of them wanted to get out of bed. He turned his body towards her. "You're so beautiful". He kissed her then reached over to his bedside table and pulled out a box. She sat up with the sheet covering her front. He gave her the box and curiosity got to her as she opened the box. He looked at her waiting for her reaction. Inside was a ring. She gasped.

"It's not an engagement ring. It's a promise ring. Do you like it?"
"I love it. I don't know what to say. Thank you!"
He put it on her finger then kissed her. "Happy anniversary".
"Happy anniversary!" She laid back down beside him as she admired the ring. He looked at her and smiled before kissing the top of her head.
"I love you so much".

Happy first anniversary to Anthony! Here's to many more. At the end of the post, she put a picture of the ring. It had been the best year of her life. She had fallen in love with Anthony and now he had given her a promise ring. The next time at the precinct, Amanda noticed her ring and this made her smile. "I'm not engaged, y'all. It's a promise ring".
Amanda took her hand as she admired the ring. "It's beautiful! How long have you two been together?"
"We just celebrated our one year".
"Wow. Congratulations!"

Rafael came in and went over to the girls. He looked at the ring then at Jayde. "Congratulations. Can I talk to you for a second?"
Jayde looked at Amanda then followed Rafael. "I was wondering if I could take the kids for Christmas".
She raised her eyebrows. "You really had to pull me away to ask me that?" He looked at her and laughed to himself. "How long are you planning on having them? I'm just curious".
"For Christmas until New Years if that's ok with you".
"Sure. I could find out what Anthony's doing for the holidays. I don't know if he celebrates Christmas or not".
"You're amazing, Jayde", he told her before walking to Olivia's office.

Amanda came over and asked what Rafael wanted. "He just wanted to know if he could have the kids from Christmas until New Years".
She nodded. "What are you going to do?"
She shrugged. "Johnny's going to have to have Steven and Kiera so I was thinking of asking Anthony but I'm not sure if he celebrates Christmas or not".
Amanda nodded. "If you need a place to go, you could always come over to my place".
"That would be amazing! Thank you. I'll let you know!"

Hey, I was just wondering what your plans are for Christmas. The kids will be with Johnny and Rafael. – Jayde
Hey, we usually don't do Christmas because we're Jewish. You could still come over though. It'll be better than spending Christmas by yourself. – Anthony
This is why I love you. I'll let you know what the plans are and all that jazz. – Jayde

She went back to Amanda. "I just texted Anthony. They don't celebrate Christmas but he invited me over anyway. Thank you for your offer though".
"It's fine. You go and have fun. Maybe we can catch up later".
Jayde smiled. "We still have to do the play date. I'm sure the girls would love playing with Jesse".

Amanda smiled and nodded. They noticed Rafael coming out of Olivia's office and they went to the squad. As Olivia was talking, Jayde's phone vibrated from her pocket. She took a quick glance to see who was texting her. It was Johnny asking about her holiday plans. The message wasn't important at the moment so she turned her phone off then went back to what Olivia was saying. They were talking about a couple girls who had been raped by one of the girl's stepfather. The girls were 12 and 13 and they had disclosed to their school nurse who had called the police.

On her way out, Olivia asked to talk with her so they went into her office. "I got a call from your mother. I told her that she was not allowed to call here because of the restraining order. Has she or your father tried to contact you?"
She shook her head. "No. I'm pretty sure they know not to call or visit me. Rita must have spelled that out for them".
She nodded. "Speaking of Rita, I heard you had some words with her outside the courthouse".
"I just told her that she had a choice and that I could act professional with her but I could not forgive or forget".
"I've known her for a long time. We're kind of what people would call frenemies. I'm not angry with what you said, Jayde. I'm just surprised. I think you've held that in for a very long time and it had to come out eventually".
Jayde nodded. "I've wanted to yell and scream at her and I'm surprised I kept my cool. I've forgiven Rafael but I don't think I will ever forgive her".