Chapter 45

Unbeknownst to Jayde, Sonny and Amanda had been walking by the café where she had met Anthony. They had seen him kiss her and he had seen her smile. Sonny felt hurt and jealous. He loved her and he knew that she was happy. The only thing going through his mind was how could she do this? Amanda noticed the kiss and she looked at Sonny. She saw him trying to control his anger. The next time she was in the squad room, he tried not to lash out at her. He got up and went to the break station.

When he got back to his desk, he saw her talking to Fin. She fist bumped him then got her stuff. "I hope he treats you right, you deserve it".
She smiled. "Thanks Fin. You should come over sometime when I have the kids".
"Let me know". They laughed and she turned to leave. Once she was out the door, Amanda looked over at him and raised her brows. "She seems happy".
Sonny didn't say anything as he sat down at his desk.

Later Anthony texted her when she was in her office asking if she wanted to meet up with him, Adam and his wife for supper. I'd love to. I just have to call my sitter. – Jayde
After getting the ok, she texted him back and he replied excitedly. They made plans to meet up around six. When she got to the restaurant, Anthony was waiting for her. "You look beautiful", he told her. They walked back to where Adam and his wife Cybele. "You guys remember, Jayde". They shook her hand and Anthony pulled out her chair for her.

"It's nice to see you again", Cybele told her. "We've missed your humor".
"Oh that's nice of you. How have you been?"
"We've been good. We saw you on the news actually", Adam told her.
She covered her mouth. "Oh my god, for real?"
They laughed. "And the commercial you did".
"That was probably the coolest fucking thing I've ever done".
"How do you know all those people", Cybele asked.
"Oh my god. Ok, so I grew up with Johnny Depp and his friends Joe Perry, Alice Cooper and Steven Tyler. Johnny recruited Tim Burton and Helena Bonham Carter and his daughter. Anthony heard about the project and he recruited Adam and Idina. The other people were from my squad and my now ex-husband".
"That's so cool. How do you know Johnny?"
"My mom and his mom were friends. Then we got married, had two kids and got divorced".

"Jayde's really good at accents", Adam told his wife.
"Oh good lord. I knew someone was going to bring that up". They laughed as she thought of what to say. She put on her English accent. "I don't know what I want to order. Maybe a spot of tea, some steak. I had some tea earlier that was just dreadful".
They laughed and clapped. "You should be an actor", Cybele told her. "I bet these guys could help you with auditions".
"Thank you but I want to stay with the kids I'm working with. I don't want to abandon them".
She nodded understandably.

After eating and paying, they went outside. Adam and Cybele gave her a hug. "Hang onto this girl", she told Anthony.
Jayde laughed as Anthony told her that he would. They started walking when they heard her name. She turned around and saw her friend Sonny. "Sonny. What's going on?"
He looked at Anthony then at her. "I can't take it anymore, Jayde. I love you and you know that. I don't want to wait for you anymore. I hope you're happy". He turned around and walked away. Anthony came over and asked what was going on. Jayde threw her hands up. "I have no fucking clue".

They went back to his place and he closed the door as she thought of what had just happened. She looked at Anthony pleading with him not to hate her. "I think I know what's going on. Sonny's had a crush on me since I started. He kissed me before I talked to you but I was so upset about my divorce that I told him that I wasn't ready. He must have misunderstood and thought that I was going to give him a chance. I'm sorry".
He came over and wrapped his arms around her. "Hey, it's ok". He kissed her head. She looked up at him and he kissed her. "I had fun tonight", she told him. He ran his hand through her hair.

Sonny, I am so sorry. I was stupid for not realizing that you were waiting for me. It was never my intention to hurt you and I realize now that I did. I know you're upset and hurt and I understand why. I know nothing I can say can make what I did go away. You have always been there for me and I will always be thankful for everything you have done for me. I hope someday you can forgive me. You are a great guy and you deserve someone who can treat you right.
Sincerely, Jayde

Jayde had snuck into the precinct the next day and left a note on Sonny's desk before going to work. He noticed an envelope sitting on his desk. The front simply said Sonshine. He knew exactly who it was from and he sat down and read the note. He sighed as he thought of what to do. She had broken his heart but now he realized how sorry she was. He sat back in his chair as he thought. He sighed as he got out his phone.

Jayde, I got your letter. I wanted to thank you for your apology. It means a lot. I was angry and jealous but I realized that you deserve to be happy. I know now that you never tried to hurt me. I love you and I always will but I want you to be happy, even if it's not with me. The only way I can see you is as a friend, even if it hurts. I hope Anthony treats you the way you deserve. – Sonny

Thank you. Again, I am so sorry. I want you to stay in my life because you are and always will be one of the most important people in my life. You and the squad. Without you, I don't know what I would do. It was never my intention to lead you on. I want you to be happy and I know you will find that woman and you will make her the happiest woman ever. – Jayde

Thank you, Jayde. I hope to see you soon. – Sonny

He turned off his phone and put it away. He looked around. Amanda was looking at him. She got up and went over to his desk. "She apologized, if you're wondering. She says that she hopes I find a woman who can make me happy and when I find her, I will make her the happiest woman ever".
Amanda smiled. "That's sweet".
He nodded and smiled a little. "Yeah. I'm happy that she's happy and I know she deserves that". Amanda smiled and went back to her desk.