Chapter 3- We Are Not Going To Lose Him

Tick tock. Tick tock. Tick tock. The clock in the waiting room ticked along as time moved on. Eventually Cristiano had heard enough and stood and walked to where the clock was erected on the wall and pulled out the batteries.

"I was about to throw it across the room" a voice mumbled and he jumped at the voice. He turned to find Molly sitting up in the couch. "I thought you were asleep" he whispered. "I couldn't. I was just resting my eyes while I was thinking" she whispered rubbing her eyes. She looked to either side of her to see that Ana and Luke were both sound asleep. Jorge, Pepe and Irina were also in the land of nod.

"It's five in the morning. The doctor hasn't been here since what like midnight. What is keeping them so long?" he asked. "I keep waiting for that door to open but I don't know if I really want to hear what the doctor has to say" Molly said. "Molly you will drive yourself insane if you keep thinking the worst" Cristiano said taking a seat on another free couch. "So you aren't thinking the same thoughts that I have been since the moment you saw Junior tonight. Or last night or oh whatever" she said. "Like you said it's hard to sleep so there's nothing to do but think" he mumbled.

"And the nurses didn't say anything when you went to check?" she asked and he raise an eyebrow. "I told you I wasn't asleep. I heard you leave a couple of hours ago" she shrugged. "I thought maybe they might have had some news but they didn't. I spoke to Nuno. He told me to tell you that everything will be alright and he will come here with Maé" Cristiano said. "I wish I could be as sure as Nuno" Molly mumbled. "I wish we could just fast forward to next year and have all this mess behind us" Cristiano said.

"Or go back in time and change things" she said. "Go back to Thursday and take Junior to the doctor ya but I wouldn't want to change everything" Cristiano said. "The last year and half will be pointless if Junior..." she pauses. "Nothing is pointless and the doctors will find out what is making Junior ill and will make him better" Cristiano said.

"I can't believe she didn't take him to the doctor" Molly said. "I can't believe she looked me straight in the face and told me she did" Cristiano said. "Well the person who hired her is pretty good at that so I wouldn't be so shocked at that Ronaldo" Molly snapped. "This isn't- "You think about saying what I think you are about to say Ronaldo and you won't be needing that hospital bed. They'll be looking for space in the morgue" Molly snapped. "Kick Zé, kill me. Does that mean Nuno gets the kiss?" he half joked. "Right now I'd kill you just for the doctor to come through the door" she said.

And the door opened and the both stood. "Oh sweetie" Dolores cried coming through the door as she held her arms out to Molly. Tears began to trickle down Molly's face as she fell into Dolores's hug. "We got here sooner than we thought" Katia told Cristiano has she pulled him into a hug. "Have you heard anything?" she asked him. "No" Molly mumbled. "Oh Molly, he'll be ok. He's strong" Dolores said wiping tears from Molly's face. "They don't know what's making him ill" Molly said. "I'm sure they will find out soon" she said.

"They've had hours" Molly said. "They have test to run apparently" Cristiano said. "What happened? Jorge said that you found him limp in his cot" Katia asked looking at her brother. "Molly did" Cristiano said. "Oh Molly. My poor girl. Has someone looked at you?" Dolores asked. "There's nothing wrong with me Dolores" Molly said. "But you could be in shock. Finding your....oh sweetie just thinking about it is sending my heart racing" Dolores said. "I'm trying not to think about it Dolores. And neither should you. You should sit down. It's been a long night for you too" Molly said. "Don't worry about me sweet heart" Dolores said.