Chapter 4-Both Here

"I think you can let her up now" Luke said and Cristiano lifted his head to find the English man standing over him. Twenty minutes he had been sitting on the floor of a hospital waiting room. Twenty minutes he had held Molly close to him as she cried. Twenty minutes they had both sat on the floor afraid for what could happen. "Cristiano" Dolores said as he ran his hand down Molly's back.

"Molly" Ana said crunching down beside Cristiano. Molly shifted her head so she was looking into Ana's eyes. Her crying had subsided only ten minutes ago but her mind wouldn't stop thinking. "I can't lose him" she whispered and Ana gave her a sad smile. "You won't. Come on. Let's go sit down while we wait. You will get to see him soon" Ana smiled. Molly wiped her face with the back of her hand as she lifted her head from Cristiano's chest. Her eyes wandered around the room and she saw everybody looking at her. "I want to see him" she whispered. "Soon I promise" Cristiano whispered stroking her hair.

She turned to look at him with the same sad lost eyes which he had seen one too many times. "Mols" he whispered. She shook her head as she began to remember her feelings a short time ago. Ana took Molly's hand and helped her to her feet as Cristiano stayed sitting on the floor. He ran a hand threw his hair trying not to think about the look on Molly's face before she slapped him. He thought back to the times he used to think that she hated him. Now remembering the look on her face and the lost look and worry in her eyes. He knew she hated him now.

"You should try and sleep" Luke said to Molly as she took a seat next to Dolores. Molly's arms were shaking as she thought about the words the doctor had spoken. "I can't lose him" she whispered. "You won't sweetie" Dolores said wrapping her arm around Molly's shoulder and pulled her towards her until Molly's head was resting on the elder woman's shoulder. "Maybe we should get the doctor to look at her. She's in shock" Ana said. "No" Cristiano said as Molly flinched at Ana's words and all eyes turned on Cristiano. "She'll be fine in a few moments Ana. There's no need for any doctor. The news about Junior is just a bit of a shock. But he's in the best place possible" Dolores said squeezing Molly's arm in comfort. The woman had remembered Molly's dislike for doctors and the reason why.

"Let's go for a walk Cris" Nuno said standing from the chair is was sitting on. "I'm not going anywhere" Cristiano said from the floor. "Not outside the hospital. Just a walk down the corridors. Come on mate" Nuno said holding his hand out to Cristiano. "Nah let's get some coffee and food for everyone. We'll all need our strength if it's going to be a long day" Jorge said. Cristiano looked at Molly who was still resting her head on his mother shoulder and completely zoned out of everything that was going on in the room.

"Fine" Cristiano said and took Nuno's hand in help to stand. "I'll take a non fat skinny latte" Irina said not looking up from her phone. "I'll see what I can do" Nuno said rolling his eyes. "I doubt the cafeteria does one of them, but I'm sure you could walk down the street to a coffee shop to get one. Better fix yourself up though. I bet the paps would love to see what your look like in the morning" Ana said to Irina. "I look better in the morning than you do anytime" Irina snapped. "I thought you lot were going for a walk. I'll get something later" Pepe said. He thought it was best not to leave Irina and Ana alone together. "Ya that's a good idea Pepe. Let's go" Jorge said as he and Nuno gently nudged Cristiano out of the room.

A subdued Cristiano followed Jorge and Nuno all little down the hall before Nuno noticed that he had stopped walking and was looking back at the door where they had just came through. "If the doctor comes back, your sister will tell us" Nuno said walking back to his cousin. "This shouldn't be happening" Cristiano mumbled. "I know mate" Nuno said. "He's only a baby" Cristiano said.