Chapter 13- She Hates Me Cos I Keep F**********ing Up

"Oh I'm sorry I didn't mean to fall asleep" Dolores said when she opened her eyes. "It's ok Dolores. There's no change" Molly said. It was almost seven in the morning and Molly had spent the rest of the night waiting to be allowed see Junior. "You should try and get some sleep too Molly" Elma said. "I couldn't if I wanted to" Molly sighed.

"Molly try not to worry. I just know everything is going to be ok" Dolores said and Molly shut her eyes. "Maé let's go see if we can find something to eat" Elma said knowing the last thing Molly wanted to hear was people's hopes. "Why don't you come with us Molly?" Dolores asked. "I'm ok here Dolores" Molly said. "Molly" Dolores said. "Maé we'll bring her back something. Come on let's get some food and then we can go home for a proper rest" Elma said knowing Molly probably wanted some alone time. "We won't be long" Dolores told Molly. "Take your time. It's not like anything is going to change anytime soon" Molly replied.

Dolores and Elma headed to the door and Molly sank back against the couch when the door shut behind them. The entire night she had stayed awake thinking about what the doctor had said. That Junior could have brain damage. Every possible worst case scenario kept swirling around her head. Everyone's positive talk. Everyone telling her that he would be ok and that Junior would be out of the hospital soon. But Molly had being hearing those words since the night Junior was brought to the hospital and she didn't think she could cope with listening to anymore.

She heard the door open and looked up and frowned. "Oh hey" Cristiano said as he stepped further into the room. "You sound so surprised that I'm here. I haven't taken a page out of your book and gone off and ignored everyone" she snapped. "I thought you were gone with Maé. I must have taken Nuno up wrong" he said. "Well I'm here" she said.

"Molly" he said. "Don't" she warned and he sighed. "I...." he paused. "You what? You're sorry? You think I should get some sleep? You think I should eat? You think Junior will be alright soon? You know what Ronaldo, I don't give a crap what you think or do" she snapped. "Molly" he said.

"I've being sat in this room for days. I don't even know how many now cos every day is blending into another. But last night I sat and tried to forget seeing him.....struggling..." she stammered as she fought back tears. "Molly" he said inching closer to her. "Stay where you are" she said.

"They kept coming and going from his room all night. I lost track how many times I asked if they had any news" he said taking a seat in a spot far away from her. "You were at his room?" she asked. "Ya Hugo and I stayed outside his room. Where did you think I was?" he asked. "I thought....I didn't really care where you were" she said. "Maé knew I was there. Jezz Molly I wouldn't leave him. I just...I thought you needed space" he said. "I did. I do" she sighed.

"Molly" he said. "Don't. If you want to stay here then fine just don't talk. I don't want to talk. I don't want to discuss how I'm feeling or anything else people think I need to talk about ok" she snapped. "Ok then" he said and they lapped into silence.

"Ah there you both are" Dr. Luiz said after he opened the door to the waiting room. "What's going on? Is Junior ok?" Cristiano asked standing. "We are still waiting for the results of his scans" Dr. Luiz said. "You've had all night. Please just tell us something" Molly begged. "He's making a slow progress but I was considering our other options if he doesn't improve in the next few days how I would like" the doctor said. "What other options?" Molly asked. "I was speaking to one of my colleagues and he suggested a blood transfusion for Junior" the doctor said.