Chapter 40- You Mean A Lot To A Alot Of People

"Ronaldo please tell me she is mistaken" Dolores asked her son who had he's eyes on Molly. Molly who was standing beside Dolores had her arms crossed and was looking at the ground. "Ronaldo" Dolores yelled and his attention snapped back towards his mother. "It's not a big deal" Irina said. "I wasn't talking to you" Dolores snapped.

"Maé" Cristiano said. "When were you planning on telling us? Or were you just not going to turn up?" Dolores asked angrily. She couldn't believe she had heard what Irina had just said. "I had planned to speak to you about it after my match tomorrow" Cristiano said glaring at Irina. "I thought you had told them" Irina said. "You are going to miss your son's first Christmas" Dolores said.

"He won't even know that he's missing" Irina said. "Irina just leave it" Cristiano told her. "No let her talk. I assume this is all her idea anyway. Although when it comes to you lately I wouldn't be surprised if you thought of skipping a family Christmas since it has to be all about you" Dolores yelled.

"Maé it's not like that" Cristiano told her. "He deserves a break. He works hard" Irina said. "And he'd have a break while enjoying family traditions in Madeira" Dolores told Irina. "He'll give you your present before he leaves for Dubai" Irina said and Dolores scoffed.

"Somethings are more important than gifts Irina. Like memories and family. Though family is clearly not important to my son" Dolores said. "Maé you know that's not true" Cristiano said hurt by his mother's words. "You're abandoning your son at Christmas" Dolores snapped.

"Dolores stop" Molly said and the older woman looked at her in surprise. "Molly" Cristiano said. "He's not abandoning Junior. It's just one day and he needs a break from football" Molly said bending down to pick Junior from his seat. "He needs a break?" Dolores asked. "There will be plenty in Madeira. And you'll have one less person to cook for so look on the Brightside. I have a skype call in a few minutes so I'll be in the office. You should go get ready for Andre" Molly told Dolores.

"Molly" Cristiano called out after her as she left the room. "Nuno's making dinner" she called out not bothering to turn around and he sighed as she left the room. "I'm sure our break away will be better without you" Dolores said and quickly left the room. Cristiano took a seat on the couch and held his head in his hands. They weren't meant to find out like that he thought.

"Babe" Irina said. "Why the hell did you say that?" he snapped. "I thought you had told them" she said. "You've just made it worst" he snapped. "They are making a bigger deal out of it than it is" she told him. "I just wanted to tell them myself. Explain" he told her. "You have nothing to explain. They don't make your decisions babe. Your mother will understand" she told him.

What about Molly he thought.

Molly sat in front of the computer with a smiling Junior on her lap. She wasn't in the mood for more fighting. She knew why Dolores was so upset about Cristiano's new plans for Christmas. Dolores had wanted a big celebration. Especially since Katia and the boys had changed their original plans and were going to be in Madeira for more than just three days. Molly looked at Junior and smiled. At least he wasn't going to be taking Junior with him to Dubai. Molly didn't know what she would do if Junior was away from her right now.

"Well doesn't that smile suit your pretty face" Molly heard a voice say and she looked at the computer screen. "I'm surprised you're smiling giving how early it is in San Francisco right now" Molly replied. "I haven't being to bed yet" Sarah winked and Molly laughed at her former roommate.

"Oh it's nice to hear you laugh Mols. It's nice to finally talk to you. It's been weeks" Sarah told her. Even though they were on different continents both girls did try and keep in touch. Even if it was just a few texts here and there.

Sarah had been so jealous that Molly working for Cristiano as a nanny for his son. Now Molly knew that it was a certainty that Sarah knew the truth since the papers and media were still so focused on Cristiano's baby drama. "I've been a little busy lately" Molly told her.

"He's got your eyes" Sarah told her and Molly looked at Junior. "You think?" she asked. "Yes he does. If he has your heart he'll grow up to be a wonderful man" Sarah said. "I'm just glad his heart is beating right now" Molly sighed. "Oh Mols I don't know how you coped. I nearly got on a plane myself but well I didn't want to intrude" Sarah said.