Chapter 78- You Lied To Me

Molly closed her eyes at the sound of her name. She couldn't believe she was standing in a conference room of a hotel right now. The room was completely silent as Molly slowly turned. Her eyes caught Cristiano who was looking at the ground with his hands in his back pockets of his jeans. She took a deep breath as her shoulders tensed as she faced the owner of the voice.

"It's not like our Mol Mol to be this quiet" the woman said nervously looking at Jorge and then to the man to her right. "Don't call me that" Molly snapped. "Mols" the man said. "My name is Molly. Only people who are my friends and who I care about can call me Mols. And right now there's no one in this room which fits that description" Molly snapped. "Don't be like that Molly" the man said.

"Oh I'm sorry. How would you like to be like? How should I react to seen my so called parents who haven't been in touch in months and before that only a handful of letters?" Molly yelled. "You could give your old pops a hug?" the man said and she let out a laugh. "Seriously. Am I hearing this correctly?" Molly asked Jorge. "Molly" he replied. "They actually expect me to what? Run into their arms in delight at them finally turning up and actually attempting to give a shit about their only child" Molly yelled.

"Now listen young lady" the woman said. "Kitty" Mark said. "I stopped listening to you when I became a teenager" Molly snapped at her mother. "Ok ok I think we all need to take a seat and talk calmly" Jorge suggested. "Why the hell did you bring me here?" Molly asked Cristiano. "Ronaldo answer me" Molly demanded and he finally looked at her. He saw so much angry and confusion.

"We asked him to" her father said and Cristiano let out a curt laugh. "Your wife threatened to go to the papers if I didn't bring her here today" Cristiano told Mark. "Kitty" Mark said shocked. "He wouldn't have brought her here if I hadn't said that" Kitty told him. "Well he could have spoken to her if he had more time and not just drop this bombshell on her though. "Mark said. "You've had days" Molly snapped at Cristiano. "Molly listen to me" he said taking a step towards her. "Don't take another step" she warned him.

"Molly sweetheart I'm sorry. I know Cristiano would have told you more gently about us being here if he had the option" Mark said. "But your wife does what she normally does and goes behind your back and makes things worse" Molly snapped. "Well sorry for wanting to see my daughter" Kitty snapped back. "It's not like you've being in a hurry to see me for the last two fucking years" Molly yelled.

"Watch your mouth" Kitty snapped. "Why do you think my mouth will get me into trouble? Cos that's what an old buddy of yours used to say when he broke into my apartment. Showed up at my place of work. Showed up here" Molly yelled trying not to remember the terror she had felt when Tony had shown up in Madrid. How much fear she had that he would hurt Junior.

"Molly" her father said. "No you don't Molly me. You don't ignore me for months and then just show up here. Why the hell did you bring me here?" Molly asked Cristiano. "Your mother clearly didn't give him a choice Molly" Mark said. "I'm surprised she hasn't already sold me out to the papers. I bet they would pay good money too. Surely that would buy you a year's supply of booze. Oh sorry I forgot who I was talking to. Probably only enough for half a year" Molly snapped.

"We don't need the money Molly" Mark said. "Of sorry of course you don't. Not since you sold our family home" she said laughing. "Family home. Who am I kidding? We aren't even a family" she said. "I really think that everyone needs to take a seat" Jorge said. "So we can talk and hug it out. Nice try Jorge but that's not happening. Get me out of here" she said to Cristiano. "Stop acting like a child Molly and listen to us" Kitty said.

"Don't tell me what to do. Don't act like you actually care mother. You only care about when the next glass will fall into your hand" Molly snapped. "That's where you are wrong" Kitty smirked. "Molly we are sober" Mark said. "And I'm the Queen of Sheba" Molly said. "We are. Ask footie boy there" Kitty told her and Molly looked at Cristiano. "What is she talking about Cristiano?" Molly asked. "Molly please just sit down and we can talk. Sweetheart we have so much to catch up on" Mark said. "That's cos you forgot I existed for months. Now what is she talking about Ronaldo. Why would you know they are sober?" she asked.

"Just let me explain please Mols" he said and she took a step away from him shaking her head. "How did they get in touch with you? How could my mother threaten to go to the papers?" Molly asked. "Molly" Cristiano said. "He paid for our rehab" Kitty said and when Molly looked at Cristiano he lowered his eyes to the ground. "Please tell me she is making that up" Molly asked Cristiano. "Ronaldo stop looking at the ground and look at me" Molly yelled. He rose his head slowly and sighed.

"She's telling the truth" he whispered and she gasped bringing her hand to her mouth. "Mols" he said taking a step towards her. "Don't. Don't fucking think about coming any further Ronaldo" she yelled. "Molly sweetheart please just talk to us" Mark" said. Molly turned towards the window. She walked too it and looked down at the cars. Looked at people going about their day. She wrapped her arms around her stomach as she thought about what she had just being told. "Molly" Cristiano said.

"They went to rehab?" Molly asked. "Yes Molly we did" Mark said. "You knew where they were" she turned quickly to look at Cristiano. "Molly" Cristiano said. "You knew where they were. You sat with me time and time again when I spoke to you about not hearing anything from them and you said nothing" she yelled. "I didn't..." Cristiano stammered. "You let me go to Manchester" she yelled. "Molly I swear I didn't know that they had sold the house. I swear" he said.

"You lied to me" she said near to tears. "Molly I haven't spoken to them in months" Cristiano. "Oh this just gets better doesn't it. You used to speak to them?" she asked. "Molly I haven't heard anything from your dad since Junior was born I swear. I had no idea where they were" Cristiano said.