Chapter 86- Just Friends Really?

"Do you actually think you will sleep tonight?" Cristiano asked Molly. "Why wouldn't I?" she asked as she stretched her legs under the covers of the bed and laid the laptop on her lap. "You know why. Are you really sure this is a good idea Mols?" he asked as he sat up against his headboard with his laptop on his lap. "I would have thought you would be reassuring me not trying to me make worried Cristiano. You know that I trust you with our son" she told him.

"Thank you Mols" he smiled. "But being away from Junior like this tonight. I just want to make sure you are ready for it" he said. "It's time Cristiano. I wouldn't have suggested it if it wasn't something which I wanted. Which I need" she told him. "I never thought this is what you had meant when you said you had a surprise for me yesterday" he said. "Did you two have fun this evening?" she asked.

Molly had stayed the night at Cristiano's house the previous night and she had spent the day with her son and Dolores before she shocked Cristiano by suggesting that Junior stay at his for the night. Without her. She knew that she needed this. As hard as it was going to be, she knew that it was important that she could cope without Junior every night. She knew she couldn't wrap him up in bubble wrap and keep him to herself. She also knew that it was important for Cristiano to spend time with his son. He was busy providing for his family which often kept him away and left him missing out on experiences with his son. Molly understood all of that yet she knew Cristiano felt guilty.

"We did. I took him swimming this evening. And then Maé made dinner. We missed you though" he smiled. "I missed you all too" she replied. "Well if you moved back in here then no one would miss anyone" he smiled. "I'll keep that in mind" she smiled. "Mols" he sighed. "Baby steps Ronaldo" she told him. "I know that I only have myself to blame for you moving out in the first place but I hate not having you both here" he told her. "I'm not trying to punish you Cristiano. I was only meant to stay whilst Junior got better anyway in the first place" she reminded him. "And it was my fault you had moved out back then too" he sighed.

"Look there's no point in dragging up the past. If I had moved back in then I wouldn't be able to be apart from Junior tonight" she told him. "You are ready for this though. Aren't you? Like I know it wasn't easy for you the first time you spent a night away from him" he said thinking back to the day he had watched Molly had Junior over and drive out of his home. "But it's my decision this time" she said.

"I can still worry" he told her. "And it's sweet of you. But I'm fine. Really. I did some work for Jorge. I spoke to my dad. And now I'm going to have a nice sleep" she told him. "Ok" he said not convinced. "But I will probably rush over early in the morning to see you both" she smiled. "Don't rush too fast. I want you to get here in one piece" he smiled.

"Did he go down to bed ok?" Molly asked. "Ya he did. I gave him a bath. Missed my bath partner though" he said. "He got a lot of water today between a bath and a swim. Our son might end up being a swimmer not a footballer" she laughed. "He can be whatever he wants to be as long as he is happy" Cristiano replied. "I concur" she smiled. "He was fast asleep before I came to bed" he told her. "Then I have nothing to worry about that will keep me up" she said. "I guess not. But if you want to come over then I really don't mind" he told her.

"I will see at breakfast tomorrow and not before then. If I'm feeling upset then I will call you. I promise" she told him. "Please do. I don't care if you wake me really I don't" he said. "That's agreed so. Really Cristiano I'm fine. I'm trying not to over think it as a huge deal. Maybe we can do it again this week. Saturday" she suggested. "Let's get through tonight first" he said. "You're starting to annoy me now. Jezz Cristiano your son is staying the night. There's no difference then last night when he slept there" she told him. "You aren't here tonight. That's the difference" he sighed. "Well I'll stay tomorrow night. We have that club barbecue tomorrow afternoon" she reminded him.