Chapter 60- By My Side Always

"Toast" he frowned when Molly handed him a plate. He had spent the rest of day after Pepe and Sergio had left either asleep or watching TV while Molly popped in and out of the room as she did housework. "You have to stick to plain food until you are better" she told him as he sat up in the bed. "But I am feeling better" he wined. "Well that's great to hear. Now eat" she told him as she moved back towards the bedroom door.

"Wait" he called out and she turned to face him. "Can you stay with me?" he asked. "Cristiano" she said. "Please I'm bored" he sighed. "Oh thanks. I feel so wanted" she said. "You know what I mean. I'm just tired of this. I'm tired of being sick" he said messing with the toast on his plate. "Wait did I just hear correctly or did you just admit you are sick?" she joked. "Yes I'm sick. I'm fucking sick" he said slamming his fist onto the bed.

"Hey take it easy" she said walking towards the bed. "I hate feeling so useless" he said. "You're not useless" she said. "Yes I am. I feel like shit. My team won't fucking miss me tomorrow. My head hurts and you're avoiding me" he said. "You forgot that you look like shit" she said taking a seat on the bed and he placed the plate on the bed and turned away from her. "Ronaldo come on I'm messing with you" she said shaking him. "Go away" he mumbled. "Will you turn and look at me" she said. "Just leave me alone" he said.

"You've just said that I'm avoiding you which I haven't being and now you want me to leave. Stop pouting and turn around" she said and he let out aloud sigh and twisted to face her. "I'm not pouting" he said and she rolled her eyes at how childish he was being. "I think the boredom has made you more crazy" she smiled at him. "I'm sorry for being so –

"Annoying, childish, immature" she finished. "Ya" he said. "You could call Ricky or Nuno if your head doesn't hurt so bad" she suggested. "I spoke to Nuno already for a little bit. His mother is home and Maé is fussing around her. Apparently she's annoyed she wasn't needed by me" he said. "We didn't want to worry her" Molly said. "That's what I told her but well you know Maé" he said. "Ya I do. Your toast is getting cold" she mused. "Fine I'll eat it" he said rolling his eyes. She handed him the plate and as he ate felt his forehead.

"You're still very clammy and hot" she told him. "Delightful" he said. "You can have another shower in a while" she said and he groaned. "I wish I was playing tomorrow" he told her. "Hopefully you'll be fit and ready for next weekend" she said. "I hope so" he said. Her phone began to ring where she had it in her pocket. "That's probably Ana" she told him.

"Hey" she answered the phone. "So your son really likes his sleep doesn't he" she said. "Gets it from his mama" Cristiano said having heard Ana who laughed at his comment. "I take it that he's asleep then" Molly said standing from the bed. "Ya he didn't go down for a nap. I'm on my way over now. I know it's a bit early for him to be asleep" Ana said as Molly indicated to Cristiano that she would be back soon as she left the room.

Cristiano grinned at Molly as he watched her watch the TV as Vivian opened and Edward snapped the red box sending both the woman on screen and the woman laying on the bed beside him into a fit of giggles. She caught him staring at her and looked back at the screen. "What?" she asked still looking at the screen. "Nothing" he smiled. "Watch the film" she told him. "I am" he grinned.

"Seriously stop staring at me" she said. "You really like this film don't you?" he asked. "I know it's stupid. Like she's a prostitute and it's not exactly well a fairy-tale love story but I like that she got her happy ending. That she helped him see the man she saw" she said turning to find him smiling at her. "It doesn't matter" she said shaking her head. "No I get what you mean" he said looking back at the screen.

After Ana had brought Junior back, both Molly and Ana had had something to eat in the kitchen before Ana left but not before she had made a stop to Cristiano. She didn't say a word about the fact that he was in Molly's room but Molly knew she would have plenty to say at a later time. Molly had decided to forget anything Ana was probably going to say to her and had decided on an early night when Cristiano had suggested they watch a film.