Chapter 18- I'm Not Going To Change My Mind

"Bom Diá" Nuno smiled opening the door to the waiting room. "Sssh" Cristiano groaned as his eyes adjusted to the bright light in the room. "Oops sorry" Nuno whispered. "It's ok. What time is it?" Cristiano whispered. "Just after seven. You both slept?" he asked. Cristiano tilted his head down to where Molly was resting her head on a cushion which was on his lap. "Ya she drifted off as soon as we left you and came up here last night" he said gently running his finger along the top of her head.

"Her worry is over. Now she can sleep" Nuno said taking a seat opposite Cristiano. "Thanks for staying with him last night. She wouldn't have come back here for sleep if she trust you to be with him" Cristiano said. "No problem. Your mother and sisters needed a break anyway. Plus you were better off here with her than with Junior anyway. He didn't stir all night. In fact I don't mind the chair in his room. I actually slept" Nuno said. "It was hard enough to get her to leave him for the night last night. I don't how I'm going to convince her to go back home and sleep while he's still in here" Cristiano said. "There's plenty of us to help you" Nuno said as Cristiano yawned.

"I can't wait to get back to normal" Cristiano said. "I'm surprised you remember what normal is Cris" Nuno said. "Good point. It will be nice not to worry anymore" Cristiano said peaking down at Molly. "She doesn't have to worry anymore. Does she?" Nuno asked. "Junior is going to be ok. The doctors said he should be home next week" Cristiano said. "That's great to hear but I meant Molly" Nuno said. "Molly what?" Cristiano asked confused. "You are aware of what you said yesterday Cris. You called her Junior's mama. You said our son. She called him her son. Do you see how huge that is after everything?" Nuno asked.

"I know I said those words" Cristiano said. "Ya but you just gave Molly hope that she's his mother. She went through all of these 18 months convincing herself that she's not his mother. If you change your mind...." Nuno paused. "I'm not going to change my mind" Cristiano said. "You can't be so sure Cris. You did when it came to bringing her back to mind Junior" Nuno said. "I'm not going to change my mind" Cristiano snapped loudly and Molly shifted on the couch.

"Careful you'll wake her" Nuno said as Molly turned on her side facing towards Nuno. "I'm his father. And Molly is Junior's mother. She always has being. I just could never admit it" Cristiano sighed. "Maybe Junior's sudden illness will be a blessing in disguise" Nuno said. "It should never have happened. I should never have let her move out. I shouldn't have let so many things happen" Cristiano sighed. "There's no point in thinking about the past now Cris. This is a fresh start for you" Nuno said. "Ya it is" Cristiano said.

"What exactly is the new start though?" Nuno asked. "What do you mean?" Cristiano asked. "The entire world knows Molly is the mother of your son. You called her his mama. She called him her son" Nuno said. "Do you know how long it took for me to get her to say it? To get her to say my son. I don't know why it took her so long to say last night" Cristiano said. "She never thought she would call him that I guess. Only Molly knows what was going around her brain for all these months. Why she really choose your option? How she came to terms with having a baby and then giving it up?" Nuno said.

"How she handed him to me. Said goodbye and then I went and pulled her back in. Then pushed her out again. How is she even this close to me after all the shit I've put her through?" Cristiano asked. "You'd have to ask her the real reason. But what happens now? How are you and her going to do this whole parent thing? What about the press? What about Irina? Have you even thought about what all of this means Cristiano?" Nuno asked.