Chapter 56-But Surely I'm Smarter For Having You Around

The alarm beeped and beeped and Molly groaned at the noise. She moved her hand towards the bedside table and tapped the alarm off. She blinked open her eyes and groaned at the time. She let out a yawn and tried to sit up when she realised she couldn't. She looked down and groaned when she saw Cristiano asleep with his head laying on her chest.

"So I didn't dream this then" she mumbled. "Dream about me a lot then?" Cristiano asked sleepily. "Only about how to kill you" she replied and he laughed before groaning. "You ok?" she asked. "My head hurts" he whispered. "I was expecting a I'm fine" she said. "I don't feel fine" he mumbled and she placed a hand on his forehead. "You're hot" she said. "Ha I knew you thought I was hot" he said and she tapped his head and he let out a shout. "Don't" he pouted. "You can't be too sick if you're making comments" she said.

"My head hurts Molly" he said. "Your forehead is very hot. I think you may be coming down with a fever. I'll get you something to eat and drink" she told him. "No no food" he mumbled cosying up to her. "Apart from your head, do you feel sore anywhere else?" she asked brushing her hand threw his hair. "No talk. Sleep" he mumbled. "Ronaldo this is important. Tell me and I'll leave you sleep" she said. "I feel like I've being hit by a bus" he answered. "Ok so that's one way I can explain to Dr. Kerez I guess" she said. "Molly" he groaned. "Just look at me please" she asked. "No" he replied. "Why not?" she asked.

"Too comfy" he said and she rolled her eyes. "Well even if you are comfy, the only Averio who gets to use my chest as a pillow is your son who will be awake any minute so please just move your head" she asked. He rolled off her and laid on his back as she turned on her side to face him. "Oh how much do you weigh? Now I feel like I've being hit by a bus" she grumbled. "Lucky for me you're like a feather all the times you practically slept on me" he muttered with his eyes closed.

"Open your eyes" she said ignoring him. "No" he replied. "If you did what I ask then I would leave you alone" she said brushing her hand over his hair. "Mmmm" he mused at the feel of her fingers on his head. "Ronaldo" she said. "My eyes hurt" he told her. "Please" she asked. He groaned as he rolled on to his side to face her. She let a finger run up and down the side of his face and he slowly opened his eyes.

"Hi" she smiled. "Ok maybe worth the pain to see that smile" he said. "Even sick you still try and flatter me to get me to agree with you" she laughed. "Just speaking the truth" he whispered. "Well if your head and eyes are sore with no light getting into the room, then I'll certainly be leaving the curtains closed. I'll see to Junior while you rest" she said moving to sit up. He grabbed her hand and she looked at him. "You'll be back to your normal self before you know it. Until then just rest ok. We don't want the team having to do without you for more than just one game now do we. Who else will Junior and I watch during the game?" she smiled at him.

He lifted his hand of her arm and shut his eyes. "Remind me you said you only watch me during games when I'm better. I'm too tired to reply right now" he mumbled as he gripped her pillow and snuggled up to it. "I technically never said such a thing and that entire sentence took more effort than any smart comment you would have made by the way" she said. "If you want me to comment" he said as Junior made his parents aware that he was now awake. "Just sleep. I'll bring you up something to eat once I get Junior all sorted" Molly said as she smiled at her son as she took him in her arms.

"Mana my love. We have to be a little quiet cos dada is sick" she told her son. "I'm not sick. I'm just not feeling too well" Cristiano said. "You'll admit it soon enough. I'll bring you up some toast and water in a little bit" she told him. "Just give me a protein drink. It's better for me" he grumbled. "Sleep. Come on Junior. We'll get dressed in papa's room" she said as she gathered some clothes for the pair of them. "Wait" Cristiano called out. "What's the matter?" she asked rushing to the side of the bed. "I didn't get to say morning to my son" he said trying to open his eyes. "Urgh I thought there was something the matter" she said. "Junior" he said and Molly sat on the side of the bed. "Hey little man" Cristiano whispered trying to look at his son. "You'll see him later when it doesn't hurt to open your eyes Cristiano. Get some rest. We'll back in a little bit" she said stroking his cheek before heading to the door.