Chapter eleven: Mr. Sohma!

For a few weeks, it's been the same old same old at school. Same class with Hatsumi bothering Kyo and Kyo getting so mad that he takes it out on Yuki then gets detention, same boring science class with the twins and Kyoya, who I always end up getting partnered with and having to do all the work (<—Kyoya's persuaing skills activate), same drama class who the teacher was Ayame, who I learned was the snake of the zodiac and Yuki's older brother, same boring gym class with Noritaka and Saki always fainting from the mile run and Tohru apoligizing from tripping over my shoelaces every time, it gets pretty annoying. Sometimes Tohru asks to escort me to the nurse's office, where I soon met Hatori the nurse (or doctor for the Sohma family) who I later found out was the 'dragon' of the zodiac (<— more like seahorse!)

But one day my schedule changed. I was taken out of gym for the rest of the semester and put into liturature. I've always been good at writing and reading, so this might not be so difficult for me!

"It's gonna be difficult for you." Hatsuharu said while putting his things back in his locker after arriving a few hours late from going to mom's work to be tested.

"Why?" 

"You'll see when you get there. The teacher is kind of- bannanas."

Now i was worried. Was the teacher bad bannanas like failing everyone or weird bananas where he goes around the classroom waving a fan around, balancing a pencil on his lip kind of like a thinking facewhile grading a quiz, wears bathrobes all the time, makes stupid remarkes, and above all, is a member of the zodiac?!

Heh, it's the first one.

When I entered the classroom, it was empty. "Sh!t" I said, taking a seat in the front row, waiting for the teacher's arrival. I looked over to his desk, noticing a shrine of black dogs, pictures, bobble head, magazines! Hah, this guy had an obsession! His desk was filled with tiny knick-knacks and a pink fan (oh no...) and a picture that I assumed was him, a tall man with black hair and eyes. I read his name plate in the front of the desk, and it read Mr...

~Pause: I'm letting you readers out there to take a second to guess who this guy is.~

...Sohma. Did this mean he was a member of the zodiac, or was this just a coincidence? 

When all the students entered the classroom a few minutes later, the door quickly opened up like someone ran through it, with the hinges flying across the room onto my desk (I would start counting how many hinges break in this book if I were you). The same guy that was in the photo stood underneath the door frame, smiling, and wearing the same robe in the picture.

Now I knew what Hatsuharu was talking about...

"Good morning young pupils!" The man sang.

Everyone in the class's eyes began to widen.

"I am your teacher, Mr. Sohma. But please call me Shigure, so I don't sound so old!" He sat on his desk. "In this class we will be reading novels, written by me, which I forgot to mention, lucky for you you got an actual author as your teacher! And we will also be writing pieces! Okay, now everyone take out a sheet of paper and write a 2 page essay on how amazing you think this class will be and how awesome you think of an educator I am, while I begin rollcall!"

What kind of teacher is this guy? Making us right essays about him? Huh, well, this should be fun.

I grabbed a sheet of paper from my binder and a pencil from my case. I began to write some nonsense when I heard my name "Shizuko Yoshida?"

"Here!" I raised my hand.

He smiled. "Well, hello there Yoshida-san, I've been meaning to meet you! Why I've heard so much of you from Yuki, and Kyo (yeah right), and Tohru, ...oh! I need you to know this.."

He took a crumbled peice of paper from under the rollcall sheet on his clipboard and handed it to me that read..

"I know you are aware of the zodiac curse, so I would like you to know that I am the dog! Oh, and if you wanna give me a nickname, please let it be cute or nice, because everyone else calls me perv."

('-_-) well that explains all the dog things.

....

....

....

And what was up with the perv thing!?!?!?

I continued to write the essay when Shigure finished rollcall. He smacked the clipboard down on the table. "Okay! Let's begin to read my first novel, a Kyo x Tohru fanfiction!"

~~~~~~~~

"So how was your first day of literature, Shizuko?' Haru asked me during lunch when I sat down.

"Exhausting! Don't even make me start on Shigure!"

He laughed.