CHAPTER 8 : Mycrafting

Gregory was holding his lover's hand and looking all around him in amazement. They were strolling at Harrod's and it was the first time the DI was actually stepping a toe in the luxury department store and couldn't help himself behaving likefive-years-old. Mycroft was looking a little ashamed by his partner's attitude but secretly he was finding it really cute. It wasn't his first visit here, he was actually quite of a regular customer of the store and knew exactly where he would find what he was looking for, despite the fact it was a department where he never had shopped before.
They reached the fourth floor and entered the children departments. They were looking at the nursery's furniture when a tall blonde sales assistant popped.
"May I help you sirs ?" she asked in a joyful voice.
The auburn smiled back at her. That was why he loved department stores, there was always someone to help you in your choices, and even if you were the rudest customer they would ever had seen, they would keep smiling at you without looking bothered by your attitude. "Actually we are looking to everything that could be needed in a nursery."
"Right. Have you got some specific requests ? Colours maybe ? Or a specific brand ?" she enquired.
The official turned to the inspector. The latter glanced him a 'you choose because I'm completely lost and rubbish at taking this kind of decisions' look and the elder Holmes turned back to the assistant. "Well, we were thinking about something in wood, preferably oak wood to match the room decoration, and maybe some blueish colours in addition, something like that."
"Right. Something classic and comfy in a way ?" she added. Mycroft nodded and they followed her between the displays. She stopped before a design baby bed in dark oak with turquoise naive decorations.
"This is one of our bestsellers. We have the entire collection of nursery's furnitures of this range if you want." she smiled to the official.
The latter looked at Lestrade to know what he was thinking about the bed but the detective was looking toward another range of furniture. The blonde girl noticed it and managed her way to what he was looking. "This range came in only yesterday, it's a limited edition but I bet it will be highly appreciated.".
The bed was in the shape of a pirate's ship and the coordinated furnitures represented a treasure chest and different items of the piracy world. It reminds the auburn of his young brother and he was sure that Sherlock would have killed to have this sort of furniture when he was younger. He glanced at Greg who smiled back to him and advised the assistant that they were going to buy the entire range. She went to arrange the delivery for them while they continued strolling through the floor, choosing some baby bed sheets, different useful item for the nursery and reached the pram's department.

Once again, the detective was looking quite lost andMycroft laughed "Darling, you have children, you are supposed to already have been through all that, how can you possibly look so lost in front of prams ?"
"I don't know. I've never done ... this"he replied, gesturing toward the shop. "Last time I bought a pram it was for Sarah and it was in Tesco. There was barely more than 3 different options !".
The auburn laughed even harder while looking at a black and blue three-wheeled pram. "What do you think of this one ?" he asked his partner? "Or do you prefer us to go to Morrisons maybe ?"
Greg made a little pout to his boyfriend before coming closer to him to examine the pram. "Yeah. It looks good. Well they all look good actually but then ...". He glanced at the price. "At this cost it could be good honestly ...".
"Money is not the problem Gregory. I want the best for my kid, I'll provide the money. The Holmes family is wealthy enough to afford the best."the auburn replied, deadpan. The elder Holmes had never really explained to his lover where did the family wealth came from but it was clear to the yarder that money wasn't even a subject for someone who could afford tailored Kashmir suits and luxury shampoo and who lived in a 500 square meters property in central London.

They were agreeing on the pram they would buy when the sales assistant returned, informing them that the furnitures would be delivered at their place later in the day. They paid for their purchases then headed back to the car that was waiting for them in the street, near to the main entrance of the store.