CHAPTER 162 : Savilla

"Bills ... Bills ... Bills ... A letter for you ... Another letter  for you ..." Gregory enumerated as he was going through the mail they  had received. "Oh, what is this one ?"

He showed a little cream  envelope to his husband, unable to identify the nature of the  communication. The politician gazed over the item for a while with his  deducting pout but finally shook his head.

"No idea ... You'll  have to open it ..." he smiled, raising up from the couch to discover  the content of the envelope as soon as it would be open.

Cautiously,  the detective sliced the top of the envelope, unveiling a little cream  and gold card. Excited, he took it out of the envelope and hold it in  front of him.

"Mrs Savilla Simone Donovan and Mr Scott Arthur  Raymond Green have the pleasure to announce you their engagement and are  inviting you to share the good news around a diner on July the first at  their place." Mycroft read, his voice getting a little emotional as he  went through. "Oh, what a charming news !"

"I wouldn' have  guessed it ..." his boyfriend reacted, surprised. "I mean, they are  together for a long time but didn't think Sally was one for marriage  ..."

"Nor was I." the elder Holmes remarked, still smiling from the announcement.

"Really ? I thought ..." Greg quickly replied shocked. "You've never told me that."

"Why  would I have ?" the official wondered joyfully. "I had given up on the  idea of getting married as soon as I ... understood who I was. But there  you came and how can I resist you ?"

"You charming little bastard." the inspector chuckled before grabbing his phone and sending a RSVP message to his friend to confirm that they would most certainly attend the engagement party on next Saturday night.

"What  are we suppose to wear at an engagement party ?" the policeman suddenly  panicked a few minutes later as he was turning his back to his husband,  filling up checks to pay for the bills.

"Nothing ?" the politician retorted with the charming voice he wouldn't use with anyone else but his partner.

"Seriously Myc'." Greg chuckled, still bent over a table, sorting out the bills.

"What  ? Are you ashamed of your body ?" the elder Holmes replied, having  approached silently and now snuggling up against the bent other man.

"I reserve that outfit for you." the detective grunted.

A lustful "Oh." was the only answer that came from his partner, already to occupied toying with the buttons of his shirt.

"Only if you leave me finish with those bills before." the inspector warned before snapping the other man's hand gently.

"You  are ever so domestic Gregory." the elder Holmes laughed, taking a step  back to wait for him, balancing his body mass to rest only on one leg in  an alluring sway, biting his lower lip.

"Someone has to be." the other man remarked as he turned around and glanced an appreciative look at his partner.

"Oh  come on, shut up now !" the official retorted before urging himself  against his man's body, kissing him with envy and gong back to the  unbuttoning.

All the story about the young chap that had happened  at the beginning of the month was now long forgotten and the two men  were as in love as they had always been. Greg had forgiven himself of  the treason he had had the sentiment of having committed and Mycroft, as  always, had been unable to stay cross too long with the yarder,  helpless without his presence and support.