Piece 30

Camille's POV

I woke up, reading the clock on my nightstand - 8:37 AM. I reached for my phone but felt a piece of paper instead. I grabbed the folded note and wiped my eyes.

'Good Morning, my gorgeous baby! Kimba's at the diner and I have a small meeting today, but I want all my kisses when I get home. I'm already missing you, I love you!

Love,

Your Mam xx'

I smiled at her kind gesture, she could have texted me but went that extra length. The butterflies in my stomach started to erupt, flying high.

I went to take a shower and got changed into a white crop top and some grey high-waisted shorts. I kept my hair in its natural waves and didn't bother with any makeup.

I grabbed my bike and headed straight for the flower stand. It has so many beautiful flowers. The older woman who owns the stand noticed me and greeted me.

"Hey, orange tulip girl?" I giggled at the older woman's remembrance of her customers.

"Yeah! My names Camille, how about you?" The older woman smiled at me, holding out her hand for me to shake.

"Harriet, it's lovely to meet you properly." I shook her hand and looked around at her flowers.

"Lovely to meet you as well." I picked up the bouquet with the assortment of multi-colored roses and green garnish.

"£15?" Harriet nodded and accepted my money.

"Maybe I'll see you around here more?" I smiled at the older woman's kindness.

"You got it, Harriet." I winked at the woman and made my way back home. The cool breeze flew through my hair, relaxing me to the max.

I saw the newsstand as I pedaled by, I stopped to see what the buzz is this week.  I saw a magazine in the corner of my eye with my picture on it.  But I wasn't the only one in the picture, Capron is holding my hand and smiling at me.  I smile at the picture, that's until I saw the title of the article.

'Cheryl's Newest Bestie Has a Boy-toy?'

I suddenly became enraged by the words, not even wanting to read the article.  I grabbed my bike and huffed as I rush home.

I pedaled into our driveway, seeing Mam's car parked. I smiled and rushed into the house, carelessly dropping the bike.

"Mam!?" I threw my keys in the bowl and waited for her response.

"Kitchen!" I ran to the kitchen, seeing her smiling at me.

"Hello, me little one." She walked over to me, kissing wherever her lips could touch on my face.

"Hi, Mam." I saw her melt with my choice of words. Little did she know that I melted even more at the words myself.

"For me?" She touched her heart with her hand and looked at the flowers.

"For you." I handed the flowers to her and she put them in a vase.

"You're so sweet, I love you." I smiled at my mother, my sweet mother.

"I love you too." I surprised her with a kiss to her cheek and grabbed my phone.

I went onto Instagram, seeing the picture Sarah posted of me and her yesterday. I giggled at the picture, I'm on Sarah's back and she's sticking her tongue out while I hold up a peace sign. Speak of the devil.