𝟑

𝗸𝗶𝗺𝗯𝗲𝗿𝗹𝗲𝘆'𝘀 𝗽𝗼𝘃

I blink my eyes a few times, waking myself up from my deep sleep.  I peer over at the clock that reads 6:30 AM. I have to be at the diner in an hour to serve the breakfast rush. I turn around to scoot over and wrap my arms around Cheryl's waist.

"Good morning, gorgeous," I whisper in her ear, waking her from her dreams.

"Good morning," she answers in her raspy morning voice. She's so beautiful in the morning with her fresh face, natural hair, and waking eyes.

"You still coming into the diner with me today?" I ask, making sure she doesn't back down.

"Of course!" she beams and flashes a large dimpled smile. I quickly kiss her before jumping out of bed to get ready. "Are we going to eat before we go?"

"No, I'll make you something there," I tell her from inside our bathroom.

I go to my wardrobe and throw on a plain white t-shirt and some skinny jeans. I roll up the bottom of my jeans a few times and put on a pair of white Converse. When I go downstairs into the kitchen, I see that Cheryl has already made me a cuppa.

"Thank you," I chirp and kiss her gently on the cheek before taking a sip of the perfectly made tea.

We sit down at the breakfast bar and begin to talk about anything that comes to mind. It's always nice to have a second to sit and enjoy each other's company. Usually, I'm alone in the mornings, so it's a nice change of pace today.

"We should get going, the breakfast rush regulars will hate me if I'm late," I giggle as I sit our mugs in the dishwasher and grab my keys from the bowl.  I open the front door for Cheryl and we both rush to the car.

𝗰𝗮𝗺𝗶𝗹𝗹𝗲'𝘀 𝗽𝗼𝘃

Not much different from Mum, I wake up to my Dad screaming my name from the bottom of the steps. I can tell he's getting annoyed that I didn't hear him the first time, but I don't really care.  I can't let anyone ruin this good day for me.

"Coming! Stop rushing us!" I yell back as I run down the long hallway to the top of the stairs. Dad looks up at me with annoyance before telling me that he and Mum are leaving.  I simply nod, saying that I'll see them when they get home, which of course will be late.

After I watch him and Mum drive off to work, I dash back up the stairs and start getting ready.  I go to the bathroom, putting on a little makeup but not too much. I've never been the type to know about or use a lot of makeup. I curl my naturally straight hair into loose curls before waltzing over to the large wardrobe in my dull bedroom. 

Mum and Dad said that I needed a sophisticated bedroom because Grandma would have Mum's head in if I had bright-colored walls or anything. All I wanted was pastel yellow walls with white furniture, but instead, I got light brown walls with white bedding and a wooden desk and dresser. The decor is minimal because Mum thinks it's classier and there's not a single drop of any color besides brown or white.

I pull myself away from my thoughts as I wonder what to wear. I decide on some dark skinny jeans with a white shirt, putting an unbuttoned red and black flannel on top. After I'm satisfied with my outfit, I sprint down the stairs, not even knowing why. It's only just gone eight, but I'm not sure what time to meet Kimberley at the diner.

I quickly text Kimberley, seeing as we exchanged numbers just in case we have to change our plans.

C: 𝗪𝗵𝗮𝘁 𝘁𝗶𝗺𝗲 𝘀𝗵𝗼𝘂𝗹𝗱 𝗜 𝗯𝗲 𝘁𝗵𝗲𝗿𝗲?