3. Checkup

"Nina, calm down, remember what I told you earlier. The first thing I am going to do now it's just to give you a normal checkup with only using the headlamp, the mirror and the probe. I might use this device (air blower) to blow some air on your teeth, but that's all. We have done this before, there is nothing new that are going to happen. You need to trust me on this love." He said as he put the bib around my head and on my chest.

He sat down on his chair and was smiling down at me.

"I'm just going to put your chair down now, so I can take a proper look in your whole mouth." He said as he used his foot to do so. He took the tray closer towards him and lowered it down towards my chest, then he stretched his arm up for the lamp and clicked the button on and the frightful dentist light was adjusted to my mouth. He took the glowes from the tray on and i cringed at the sound, he saw that and slightly laughed at my reaction, as he always do. And then he rolled his chair underneath my head and replaced the bib and then took his mask up. I gulped my the sight of it.

As he had reached for the mirror and lowered it towards my mouth he asked me to open my mouth. I slightly shaked my head no.

"I have to take a look at your teeth in order to know what's wrong

"I have to take a look at your teeth in order to know what's wrong." He said with a slightly stern voice, looking me directly in my eyes. This was the first time of the whole time being here I noticed I had pain in my mouth again. I guess me being here and working myself up with whatever dreadful thing that could happen, have made me forgetting about my pain.

"Can you explain to me where your pain is?"

"It's back in my upper left side".

"Okey, open please." I hesitantly opened my mouth a little. "You need to open bigger than that love." He sad playfully as he helped me open my mouth with his other hand. One of his hand were holding the mirror looking around in my mouth the other was holding my chin in order for him getting more space to look around. But when he reached out to take the probe I shut my mouth and shacked my head and said "naha.."

"I need you to open your mouth again in order for me to take the mirror out." Harry said quickly. I did as he said, but shut my mouth quickly again so that neither of the tools could take place. "Nina, I totally respect that you are nervous and scared, but you can't shut your mouth like that why I have my tools inside it. It can hurt you and it can cause more damage than it already is. And I also don't want you to bite off my fingers today. If you feel like your that scared again, just make a sound or raise your left hand for me please, then I will stop immediately what I'm doing."

"Oh I'm sorry, Harry."

"It's alright, now you know. But what got you so scared now?"

"I thought you were going to stick the probe in the tooth that hurts"

"I am sorry to tell you that I have to do that in order to see if it's a cavity, but I was going to go over your other teeth first, just like what I do at a normal checkup, and I will tell you when I'm going to have a feel on your tooth that hurts, alright?"

"Oh okey." I give him a small smile. I can see he is smiling in return, due to the wrinkles by his eyes. It relaxes me a little.

I can feel him scraping around my teeth tapping each one, the sound isn't my favourite, but still it isn't that bad as removing tooth tartar, that's a horrible feeling. I feel that he is moving closer and closer to the back where I feel pain and he starts talking whilst working his way back.

"Your gums are a bit red and inflamed on this side of your mouth and you have more plaque build up here as well. Look.." He took out the probe to show me, I just find that so disgusting I make a face towards him and as normal, he laugh in response. "Hahhaa, I know, but it isn't that bad, overall in your mouth you don't have much plaque built up, I guess you haven't brushed well back here due the pain?" I slightly muffed a "yes" in response due to his hands still being inside my mouth. He nods a yes and smiles, just as his pleased with himself knowing right. "Aha, I think I found what caused the problem to your pain her miss Nina.. I just have to give it a small poke to make sure, her it comes" and before I know it I shout out and my eyes well up and tears starts to run down my sides of my face. "I know, I know, I'm going to put the chair up know so you can breath and have some water if you'll like." ..Click, and the chair starts to raise again.