31. Teas and favourite chocolate

Harry's point of view:

I put the dental stuff away in my side of the cupboard at the bathroom. «I'm gonna go and take a shower Nina» I shout to her. «Okay» was her replay. I was done with my quick shower and went downstairs again. Nina was seated in her favourite spot in the sofa and had a blanket draped over her. She was looking at some tv-show on the television. «I'm gonna go and make some tea, do you want some?» I looked at her smiling. She just shrugged her shoulders yes. «The regular?» I asked her. «Mhm» she answered without even looking at me. This is weird, but i shrug it off and go and make the teas.

I went back to the living room with our teas and a packet of her favourite chocolate

I went back to the living room with our teas and a packet of her favourite chocolate. «Here you go love» I hand her hers cup of tea. She took it and said a short thanks. «Can you move over a bit, I want to cuddle with you.» She sign but moved over so there was place for me. I took one of my arm over hers so she could sit close to my chest. She did so but she didn't say anything. I reach my other arm over to the table to get the chocolate and offers some to her first. «Here are some chocolate darling.» She pushed my hand away. «It's your favourite.» «I don't want any..» «Why? You never turn down to this chocolate.» «I said I don't want any!»

«What's up with you Nina? Is anything wrong?» She took a deep breath and a sip of her tea. «No, nothings wrong but I won't eat any chocolate, it will only give plaque on my teeth. And I for sure don't need that, do I?» I sign. «Nina, it's not like I don't want you to enjoy food and sweets that you like, even though chocolate makes plaque build up easier, but I will help you with brushing tonight, so don't worry about it now.» «I don't want your help tonight, you've already made me feel embarrassed enough today so I don't want to hear about what's wrong with me teeth anymore today.» «Nina..» «No Harry, quit. It's enough.» «There was a reason that I brought the chocolate, and it was for you to enjoy it with your tea. You did so great earlier so I wanted to give you something for the effort.» «Well, I don't need nor do I want you to floss my teeth again tonight due to eating chocolate. I have gagged enough today already.» «Is that's why you are being mad at me now? Cause you gagged when I flossed your teeth?» She shrugged her shoulders. «Maybe.»

I gave her a hug and kissed her cheek. «I didn't want to gag you like that, but you need to floss your teeth that are way in the back of your mouth. I don't want you to get cavities between those teeth, and I'm sure you don't want that either.» «That's true, but you knew that I have a bad gag reflex so I din't like it when you forced to continue even when I was gagging.» «I'm sorry love, but if I didn't just do it you would have made a big deal about letting me continue and it would have taking a much longer time to get finished.» She breathed loudly. «I know you actually agree with me on this even though you don't admit it. It's alright. And both Liam and I are used to patients gagging, but sometimes we just have to do our job either way.» «Do you hear how unkind that sounds like?» «Hmm.. No I haven't thought about it. But I know some may think so, but I choose to think that I help the patients more by doing something that they feel is unpleasant for a few minutes, rather than just letting them go home without getting my fully help.» «You are such a nerd.»

I laugh

I laugh. «Do you want some chocolate love?» She turned her head towards me looking at me sceptically. «If I can brush and floss my teeth tonight by myself.» «No honey, as I told you earlier, I'm gonna help you with that.» «Then I don't want any of that chocolate.» «Haha, Nina, I will brush and floss your teeth either you eat some of that chocolate or not. So you decide.» «Ahh.. Harry. Haven't I been good today already?» «Yes you have love, but I'm still gonna help you tonight.» She rolls her eyes at me and took a piece of chocolate eating it with her mouth open. I leaned in looking at the teeth. «Babe it looks like every single one of your teeth is filled with cavities, hmmm, this is gonna take a long time fixing those.» She gave me a smirk. «Isn't this what you like?» «Haha, no. I'm happy your teeth are much more healthier than that.»