42. X-rays, cavity and wisdom tooth

Harry looks so professional where he sits in his scrubs, with a good posture, looking at the x-rays. Even though I hate the position I'm in at the moment, I can't help feeling so proud of him. He loves his job and now he has his own office at home, which he has dreamt of for years. My thoughts were interrupted by a hum from Harry. He swing his stool around to me and pushes himself over the floor towards me. I got a bit nervous again, not knowing what the results of the x-rays is. Harry gave me a small smile and cleared his throat. «So, the x-rays showed me what I thought, that cavity of yours needs to be treated.» Harry said. Fuck, I thought for myself. I leaned my head away from him, feeling tears threatening my eyes. I bite my lower lips and force the tears to stay away. I felt a hand on my shoulder. «It's going to be okay, Nina. We have done it before and it's gonna be fine this time around as well.» Harry tried to relax me with his words. I just shrugged my shoulders, not knowing what to say.

«We can fix it sometime next week, will that be alright with you?» Harry asked. «I don't have a choice do I?» I sounded a bit harsh, but I can't help it. «I'm sorry..» He answered, actually sounding a bit sad. I turned my head towards him and looked up at him. «I know, it's not your fault. I guess I should just quit eating caramels and chocolate and such...» Harry pouted. «Nina... You don't need to quit it totally out. I really want you to enjoy life and chocolate and caramels are a part of the fun. I enjoy eating it too, you know that. But, as I told you earlier I suggest you to brush your teeth after eating the caramels, they get pretty stuck in the teeth.» I gave him a small nod, I am just so over everything. I will not enjoy anything good the next few days.

«And I am so sorry to break this to you, but we need to talk about your wisdom tooth.» I took a deep breath and closed my eyes. «Tell me.» I said. «I strongly advice you that we get it removed in close future. Cause from the x-ray the tooth has moved a bit. It's trying to get out from the gums but there is not space enough for it to do so, so it will need my help.» He paused, wanting to get a reaction from me. «Go on.» I told him, still with my eyes closed. «Can I just have a quick look in your mouth again?» He asked me as I could hear he stood up from his chair. I opened my eyes and I looked at him, he was taking out a new pair of gloves from the box that hang on the wall. He took his gloves on his hands whilst he was walking back to me and took a seat. As he were adjusting the last glove he looked quite concentrated. Harry leaned over me as he grabbed the lamp, turned it on and adjusted it towards my mouth. He met my eyes and asked, «Can I please have a quick look?» I looked far away from him, but opened my mouth. He took the small mirror and used his left pointy finger to retract my cheek. «Turn your head a little to the left for me.» I did as he asked me to do. «Thank you.» He put the mirror inside my mouth and probably looked at the area where my wisdom tooth are.