5. Dental tools

I sat myself down in the dreadful dental chair again and took a sip of water. My mouth was pretty dry due to all the crying. Harry was in almost every cupboard in his office finding stuff here and there by the sounds of it. I am happy my back was against were he was occupying the supplies, because I know I will panic if I get to see all the different things before they are placed on the tray. After a few minutes Harry came back with a new tray but this time it was covered with a blue paper, just like the blue bib I have around my neck. "Just for your relaxation so you don't see all the tools, I think you might see the tools in a different view than I do" he said grinning, "No shit Sherlock, or should I say dr. Styles?" I said nervously laughing back to him. He gave me a peak on the lips before going over to wash his hands again. And suddenly he sat down on his stool again clicking with his foot to make my chair go backwards and then on with the lamp, he pushed the much more heavy tray towards me again and on with the gloves. "Eugh.." "Oh, sorry love", he said to my response.

"What's going to happen now is that I sadly need to numb you up."

I started to cringe in the chair and my eyes started watering again.

"I know love, I am so sorry but as for so much pain you've had the last days you need numbing or else you would be hysterically crying all the procedure and that's something neither of us want. I will start giving you some topical cream to numb your gums, before I give you the needle. I promise it would just be a pinch, and you will feel a bit of pressure, but thats all love, i promise you. When I have given you the needles we will take a break for it to start working."

Harry take a end of the bib to dry my tears of. "Okey love, here comes the numbing cream, open up.. Good job." Whilst the cream is working he turns around to the counter on the other side from the chair and I guess he's preparing the needle. As so was I right, he turns around with one hand on his back, "Harry, I might be scared, but I'm not a child. I know you have the needle behind your back." "Sorry." he took the needle and put it on the tray and pushed the tray even closer so it was just over my chest.

Harry puts his mask up over his nose again and I start to shake

"Try to stay calm Nina, open your mouth so I can take out the numbing cream." I do as I'm told. But when his hand goes over to the try and come back with the mirror my lips are sealed. "Open.. Open please. ... Nina, please cooperate here."

I knew that if I opened my mouth this time he was going to insert the needle, and the thought of that made me uncomfortable and very unsure again. He put down the mirror on the tray and put his mask underneath his jaw again.

He had a serious look and it looked like he was really thinking to find the right words to say

He had a serious look and it looked like he was really thinking to find the right words to say. "I'm sorry" I said in a shaky voice. Harry immediately got a different look on his face and looked down smiling caring to me. "It's alright Nina, but this isn't a easy situation for me as well. I love and care for you more than I have words to explain it to you, and all I want is to help you. As your boyfriend I hate to see you in this pain, but I happen to have a degree in dentistry which make this situation fixable for the both of us. I can help you get rid of that pain and I am so happy that I am capable of helping you with this. But yet again, you have to do your party in order to get better as well. And as for being your dentist I do understand your concern about the procedure and your anxiety for the needle and the drills, but you need to trust me that I can do this, and that the outcome will be you not having to be in pain anymore. As for being your boyfriend I wished there was something easier for me to do, than having to do this, cause I see how worked up, scared and sad you get because of me. I just want to hold you in my arms and kiss you on the neck, but right now I am your dentist so I have to do the dentistry part of my job first, and then we'll go home and cuddle the rest of our night."

"Harry, you are the most loving and caring person I know. I am so sorry for getting this worked up, but I will try do let you do your job. The faster you get to do it, the faster can we go home. I'm sad making you feel sad about this.." I said more calmingly than before.

"That's true, but remember we are going to take this in your tempo. Should we give it a try?" I gave him a weakly yes in respond and a small smile. Harry did as usually smile back and this time blinked with one eye. That always made me feel more relaxed, cause that's a way showing me he's there and looks after me.