52. Scaling

Harry's point of view:

It is so very different to see Nina from this view. Well, I have seen her in a dentist chair more times than I know, but not being the one working on her teeth is the first time. So seeing her laying there from my position now, gives me a chance to see how vulnerable she is when she visit me as well. She is tense and when Liam told her to open up once again, her hands grabbed onto mine like her life depends on them. I look at her face and she locks her eyes with mine. I could see pure terror in them. «Shh, darling. I know you are scared, but it is so much less scarier than you think. I'm not leaving you.» Her face relaxed a bit and she opened her mouth, but her grip on my hands were still as strong.

Liam adjusted the spit sucker once more so it was placed better in her mouth and took brought the scaler into her mouth

Liam adjusted the spit sucker once more so it was placed better in her mouth and took brought the scaler into her mouth. He started scaling her teeth and Nina squinted her eyes from time to time, letting our small moans of discomfort. It is very clearly that Nina don't like to be in this position, but she is here and goes through it. Nina winched whenever the scaler made a bright sound, but I stroke her hands trying to comfort her. «You are doing great Nina.» Liam said to her, I looked at him and gave him a wide smile. Luckily for me, and Nina of course, Liam is very good with anxious patients like her, so it make me at ease letting him being her dentist for the evening.

Nina's point of view:

I find this position almost practically laying in Liam's lap, having him hoovering over me and him doing dental work on me, very uncomfortable. I'm not scared, luckily, but I still find it strange having Harry doing work in my mouth. So having Harry's best friend working in my mouth is quite the more embarrassment I didn't think was possible. I shut my eyes, not wanting to see how Liam is staring inside my mouth or Harry looking down at me. I just hate it. And the horrible sound of the fucking scaler Liam is using is making me shake in my pants. My hands are sweaty and I cannot relax in the chair. Harry is holding my hand in his and is trying his best to make me at ease. Harry is the best boy I have ever met and he never fails to make me calm down, apart from every dental situation. I'm lying here, not feeling anxious or scared, but I'm stressed out. Why? Why can't this horrible feelings I get whenever I am needing to be in the dentist chair, or whenever Harry wants to have a look at my teeth, just go away? I have no idea of how many times Harry and I have been practising on this lately, it just seems like it will never go away.

«Well done Nina, I'm done using this scaler now

«Well done Nina, I'm done using this scaler now.» Liam interrupted the conversation I had with myself in my head and I opened my eyes to see him putting away the scaler and brining another tool towards my mouth. «I'm just gonna rinse with some water and then I will use the other dental scaler tool just to remove some parts that are left.» Water were sprinkling inside my mouth but was quickly sucked up from the water suction. The suction and water thing were removed from my mouth and I tried to produce saliva as fast as possible, cause half of my mouth were partly dried out due to the suction. «I'm gonna set you up for a bit so that you can have some water.» Liam said and pushed the tray away from me as the chair started going up to a seating position.

I took my hand out of Harry's hold and grabbed the cup of water that were seated next to him by the small sink and swallowed greedily. Harry laughed at my action and I gave him a glare. «You know I hate to have a dry mouth.» I said to him. «Yeah, I do. No one likes that.» He giggled. I placed the cup back and used my fingers to dry my mouth. «How was that?» I heard Liam said, so I turned my head to the left where he was seated. He had put his mask underneath his chin, maybe he was gonna give me a small break. I hate when dentist asks questions like that, what do they expect me to say?: That was so cool and great, thanks mate!? It wasn't the worst experience, Liam was quite good at giving me an easy time, it didn't hurt, yet I could feel the taste of blood. But having your boyfriends best friend hoovering over you doing work in your mouth isn't something I want to jump in the roof with excitement off. 

«Okay, let's ask differently

«Okay, let's ask differently. Was it painfull?» Liam asked me again. This time I could feel my cheeks burn of embarrassment, I don't know why but I just get so shy when it comes to questions like this. «No, it didn't. Thank you.» I said, almost whispered. «I'm glad to hear that, and you are the most welcome.» Liam said with a genuine happy smile. «I said Liam is very good at his job.» Harry said, making me blush even more. «So are you ready for the next part? Just some scaling with this small tool here.» He lifted up a tool that looks like a different explorer. «And then I'm gonna brush your teeth with the toothbrush here.» Liam pointed to the toothbrush that are connected to the portable tray. I just nod my head yes, not trusting my voice at the moment.