51.

I take a deep breath and open my mouth slightly

I take a deep breath and open my mouth slightly. Liam places his left thumb on my lower lip, pushing down a bit, as a way of telling me I need to open my mouth more. «You need to open a bit more, Nina.» Liam says, I open wider. «Thanks.» He says as he uses his right hand to insert the mirror into my mouth. His left hand is used to retract my cheek so he can get a clearer view around my mouth. «There is some tooth tartar here that needs to be removed.» He says as he retracts the mirror and his fingers away from my mouth. «I am going to use this scaler here.» He reach his hand for a sharp needle looking tool that are attached with a wire on the tray. My eyes wides and I close my mouth shut, shaking my head now. I could feel Harry starts to comfort me by stroking my hand with his thumb.

«This looks scary, but I promise it isn't

«This looks scary, but I promise it isn't.» He bring the tool closer to me but stops halfway and rotate it for me to see it from a better angle. «It looks very sharp, but this is a tool that I am not gonna put on your tooth or at your gums. I am just gonna hold it close to your teeth, so it is not gonna connect to the surface on your tooth at all. This scaler here is very special, cause it has a very, very small hole at the end here.» Liam says as he use his left hand and point at the very end of the needle of it. «And when I push my foot on a button at the floor, water sprinkles out of the very little hole. I can show it to you in the sink.»

Liam rolls himself and the chair closer to Harry and put the scaler over the sink. There was a ugly high sound coming from it and I could see water flowing out of the tool. «Ough...» I say. «Are you reacting to the sound of it?» Harry asks me, and I nod my head in agreement. «It sounds very much like the drill, but it is not a drill, I promise you.» Harry tells me, trying to comfort me. «Harry is right, this scaler is blowing out salt water with small grains of sand. The water mix is so strong and it will remove the tartar quick and easily.» Liam puts the scaler back to the tray and rolls the chair back and is positioned right behind my head again. He reach over my left side and grab the water suction and bend the end of it. «Open.» He tells me and I do so hesitantly. The suction is placed in the left side corner in my mouth, already making the sound as it has started to suction up the saliva in my mouth.

Liam looked down at me again

Liam looked down at me again. «It might feel uncomfortable in the beginning when I use it, but it will not hurt at all. The tartar is laying right next to your gumline so you will bleed from your gums a bit. But don't be scared if you taste a bit of blood, it's nothing to worry about.» I got more frightened now. «It's normal to bleed from the gums when you get a deep cleaning at the dentist. Every patient of mine bleeds from their gums when I remove their tooth tartar. You don't have to be scared, Nina. Liam is one of the best dentists I know, he will be very careful and I am right here by your side.» Harry tells me. Liam reach over to the tray and take the mirror in his left hand and the scaler in his right hand and bring the tools closer to me. «Open nice and wide now, Nina.» The tools were now hoovering over my mouth and it felt like I had stopped breathing for a minute there.