20. Meagan at the dentist part 2.

Harry's point of view:

I waved Erik and Meagan off and took the used equipment of the tray and took them with me into the sterilisation room. I put them inside the washer and went back to my office again. I cleaned the office and found new sterilised tools for my next patient. I still had a good 20 minutes until my next patient so I went over to the computer and wrote down in Meagan's journal.

A few hours later:

I followed my last patient, Mrs. Johanson to the front desk and gave the assistant a piece of paper where I had written down some information and told her to schedule the patient for a new appointment in a few weeks due to a cavity needing a filling. I shake Mrs. Johanson's hand «that's all for today. Schedule the next appointment with Janine here and I'll see you in a couple of weeks. Take care.» I walked down the hall towards my office again. I took off the mask I had under my chin and tossed it in the bin. I went over to the sink and took a new pair of gloves and put them on. I started cleaning the office and tossed the ends on the spit sucker and the air blower. I took a few sterile pads and cleaned the lamp, the chair, the tray and side table with the small sink before I tossed the pads as well.

I went around in the room and found everything I needed

I went around in the room and found everything I needed. I placed a plastic cup on the side of the small sink, put new ends on the spit sucker and the air/water blower. I walked over to a cupboard and got a new bag with a mirror, probe and a tweezer. I opened a drawer and got out a few different forceps and walked over to the chair and put them on the tray. I got a few cotton pads and laid them on the tray as well. I sat down on my chair and moved over to another drawer and organised two shots of local anaesthesia, I let them lay on the counter. 'I bet Meagan will get more anxious if she sees the needles on the tray when she walks in here' I thought for myself.

I walked into the sterilisation room again and rummaged through a drawer where all the surgical knifes where laying. I took two with me into my office and put them beside the needles. I looked over to the clock and it was five to three in the afternoon. I'm done with all the preparations so I might as well get them inside. I took a big breath before walking towards the waiting room. I hope this will go well.

Meagan's point of view:

I am over the top nervous. I have never been a fan of going to the dentist, but I have never felt this anxious before. Erik opened the door to Harry's clinic and let me inside. Just as I walked inside the waiting room the door form the hallway into hell opened and Harry smiled towards me. «Meagan I'm ready for you» he said. I must have stopped in my tracks as I suddenly felt Erik's hand on my back pushing me towards Harry. Harry gave a small laugh and reached his hand out to mine. This isn't a time for playing friendly I thought to myself and neglected Harry's hand. Either way Harry didn't seem to care so he just took a hold of my arm anyway and said «we can just go to my office.»

I felt more and more anxious by every step I took towards his room of horror and by the time I I was inside of it and Harry closed the door after us I started to cry. Erik engulfed me in a hug and tried to whisper relaxing words to me. Harry came over for a few seconds and gripped my hand causing me to turn my head towards him. He looked very serious but at the same time he looked very sympathetically at me. «Everything will be just fine. I will give you some local anaesthesia so you will feel no pain at all. Erik will be right beside the chair and he will hold your hand and I will be very gentle. Okey?» I just gave him a small nod and he gave me a caring smile in return. He walked over to the sink and started washing his hand. I turned into Erik's chest again and cried more. Just seeing Harry like that in his scrubs, looking very professional and serious, washing his hands, made me scared again.