34. Dental home office?

Tuesday afternoon, Nina's point of view:

Today was the day I handed in my book to my editors. The next time I will have it in my hands, it's actually going to be a real book. I'm so excited. Harry tried to change his patients times for today so that he could be with me and celebrate my day, but sadly he could't manage to do that. I understand it completely, but it would be so much more nice to have him with me. Luckily, I met up with his sister, Gemma, for lunch. We chatted for two hours before we went to do some shopping.

I turned my car into our driveway and the first thing I saw was Liam's car

I turned my car into our driveway and the first thing I saw was Liam's car. Guess what's gonna happen tonight, not much of a celebration on my part.. I signed and turned of the engine and walked inside. «Hello» I shouted out. Harry walked over and met me in the hallway. «Hi love, did it go well at the meeting today?» He gave me a hug. «Yeah, I am so pleased that I finally are finished with my book, I have the rest of the week off. «I am SO proud of you! I'm so sorry I could't be with you today. I really wished I could celebrate it with you.» «Thank you Harry.» I kissed him. «I met Gemma for lunch and some shopping. So I haven't been celebrating on my own.» «That makes me happy to hear. Gemma is always a life saver.» I laughed «She is, she is!»

I walked with Harry to our living room. «Hi, Nina.» Liam said. «Hi.» I said as I plumped down at the sofa. «I heard the book is finally handed in. How does it feel?» He smiled widely, showing his shiny white teeth. Making me unconscious about my own teeth, knowing the reason for him being here. «It feels good, I can finally relax and lower my shoulders. I'm gonna have some time off from writing, just to make time to get new inspiration for another one. I have good three weeks off before all the promotion begins.» «I'm happy for you, you are fully deserved some weeks off now. Harry have told everything about you being busy and a bit stressed out.» I roll my eyes over at Harry, laughing a bit «Of course he has.» «Well, I am very pleased that you finally are going to have some time to focus on yourself and relax for a bit. I don't like seeing you so stressed out as you have been for the past month.» Harry said whilst stroking me on my thigh, I smile at him in return.

«Enough with the small talk now, should we just get it done with?» I asked looking at them both. «What are you talking about love?» Harry asked. «Don't play stupid Harry. For the past month, every time Liam have come over to us you always give me a check up.» «Ohh, sorry. I guess you should have understand that by now.» Liam laughed at Harry. I roll my eyes. «Go get everything, I'm hungry so I would like to have my dinner in quite later.» «There is actually something Liam and I have talked about today.» «Now what?» I look at him sternly. «Well, hehe, we have actually come up with a new plan.» «What is it with you guys planning everything behind my back, are you never gonna include me in your ideas?» I raised my eyebrows at them.

«That's why I'm here now

«That's why I'm here now. We wanted to talk to you first.» Liam said. «Spit it out» I said looking at Harry, feeling my stomach turning by nerves. I actually have no idea what these idiots have planned out now. «You know the room next to our guest room?» «My office?» «No, not the upstairs guest room, the one in the hallway down here.» «Yeah? What about it?» «I was hoping I could have that room?» «Yeah of course, it is your house after all.» I smile at him, but furrowed my eyebrows after thinking a bit. «But what has this to do with Liam?»

Harry's face changed and he looked over at Liam

Harry's face changed and he looked over at Liam. «Ehhm..» he said. Liam took a breath and looked at me. «Harry has talked about wanting to make one of the rooms into a home dental office. It would be easier for him to help out his friends and family in case of emergencies.» I got a bit angry and looked over to Harry. «Seriously Harry?» «Yeah.. I started talking about that before I had even met you. It has been a dream of mine to be able to have a small home office where I can help the people I love at anytime. It's easy to have a office at home instead of driving down to the clinic every time that's needed.» I looked at him in shock. «I truly hope you are kidding me now?» «No, I'm not kidding with you.» I closed my eyes and took a deep breath. «Well it's originally your house and as I said as long as I can have my office, I can't argue with you what you want to have in your room. Don't ever think I'm gonna go there. I hate, hate, hate the idea of having a dental office in our home, but I'm gonna stay far away from it.»

Harry's point of view:

I smile at Nina heartwarming. «Thank you love for letting me do this. Liam and I are gonna go and measure the room and order a dental chair and the other stuff needed. That's why he is here, to help me.» Nina rolled her eyes at me. «Do whatever you like, just keep me out of it.» «No problem» I said smiling at her and kissed her cheek. «Liam, let's go and have a look.» «I got a text from Eleanor earlier today, I'm gonna go over to her and Louis in the mean while. They got home yesterday and she wanted to meet me.» «Oh, do you have to go tonight? I wanna see Louis too.» «Well, you already have other plans, and I am not willing to 'celebrate' my day with having you and Liam preparing a room in our house to become a dental office. I rather go over to Louis and Eleanor. We can still go tomorrow or invite them over.» I gave her a sad look, but I do understand her. This wasn't the best day to plan the office. «Okay, tell them my hellos and invite them over for dinner tomorrow. Oh, I forgot to tell you. Liam gave me tomorrow off for us to celebrate your book. We can have a proper celebration tomorrow.» «That's nice, thank you Liam.» Nina tried to give Liam a smile but I could see it was difficult for her due to the news she just got. «Drive safely babe.» I said when she walked out.