38. Trying out the dental chair

Nina's point of view:

I was so relieved that Liam isn't gonna be there during the appointment with Harry later today. I drank my coffee and read the paper and then headed downstairs to watch «This Morning.» After the show was ready, I was ready to go on with my day. Harry is gonna be home earlier today so I decided to skip the spinning class today, so I went for a quick run in the park. When I got home I took a warm and hot shower, trying to stay calm. I dressed myself in black jeans and a knitted sweater and went to the kitchen to make myself a cup of tea. The sun is shining today so I thought I might as well use the opportunity to go out I the backyard to enjoy my tea, maybe get a bit of a tan.

I was on my way to the door heading to the backyard and I walked past Harry's office

I was on my way to the door heading to the backyard and I walked past Harry's office. I remembered that I haven't seen the office completely done. I stood there looking at the door, thinking whether I should have a look or not. Even thought I got a bit nervous I am at the same time a bit excited to see it. It is a weird mixed feeling, but it is something Harry have really wanted, so why not have a look at it. It might not be as scary if I have a look on my own first, instead of having Harry here as well. «Hmm, should I or not?» I said to myself.

I put my cup of tea on the counter and turned the door handle around. I shut my eyes as I slowly opened the door. A smell of disinfection and overall dental office hit me straight away. «How can it already be smelling like a dental office when Harry hasn't used the office yet?» I thought for myself. «He must have cleaned it very well.» I opened my eyes and the sight of a any other dental office hit me in the face. I felt a pit in my stomach, but took a few deep breaths. «Breath Nina, it will be fine. Harry is good at his job and you trust him.» After a few more deep breaths I walked inside the room, looking around. It looks so professional, but I must say the dental chair looks so much comfier than the one he has down at the clinic.

I walked over to Harry's rolling chair and sat down at it

I walked over to Harry's rolling chair and sat down at it. «So this is what it feels like sitting in his chair.» I thought to myself. I rolled around on it from side to side and around the dental chair, finding it a bit amusing. I can understand how much control he have over the patient, the instruments on the tray, the lightning, the different suctions and everything in the drawers and cupboards being in this rolling chair. It makes it easier for him, instead of having him to stand up and walk around everywhere. I put a hand on the dental chair and patted it. «Comfy» I said out loud. Maybe I should try it? Just before Harry gets home, I can try to make myself comfortable sitting in it.. I stood up from Harry's chair and pushed the tray that were hanging close to the headrest far away. I hesitated a bit but sat down on it. It is so much more comfier than I first have thought. I feel my whole body is starting to relax and I'm being pushed back against the soft fabric and I closed my eyes thinking that I can do this, I can do this. «Oh, you are ready I see. I didn't think you would be this excited?» A voice cut me of guard and I immediately looked at Harry who was standing right in front of me holding on the tray and bringing it closer to me. «NO! Harry, stop!» I said and quickly jumped out of the dental chair.