56. The office

Harry's point of view:

We walked inside my office and I went over to the chair and pushed the portable tray away from the seat. I patted the chair and looked over to Nina. «Take a seat love.» I said to her and smiled. She seams much calmer than she's ever have been lately, it must be the pill she took earlier today. As Nina sat down as I went into my medicine cupboard and took another one of them pills. I sat down on my chair and push a button so the cup beside Nina started to fill up with water. «I like you to take another pill, just to make sure you stay relax later on today.» I said to her and handed the pill to her. She took it and swallowed it immediately.

I had made the office ready for todays treatment yesterday, so all the tools and such I am needing for treating Nina's cavity is already on the tray

I had made the office ready for todays treatment yesterday, so all the tools and such I am needing for treating Nina's cavity is already on the tray. «I'm just gonna go and wash my hands.» I said to Nina and she nodded with a smile. I came back with a mask beneath my chin and I lowered the light before I sat myself down on my chair. I made the dental chair lower and Nina was laying down, pretty much relaxed. I took the napkin away from the tools and brought the tray over Nina's chest. I rolled on my chair so that I was in the right position. As soon the gloves was on my hands I adjusted the light towards Nina's mouth and I arranged the syringe with the numbing medicine and brought it closer towards her mouth.

Nina's point of view:

I am feeling pretty relaxed and suddenly Harry is hoovering over me with the dreadful needle in his hand. «Open your mouth for me love.» Harry said in a calming voice. As much as I hate needles, I comply to his request so I open my mouth. «Lean a bit towards me please.» He says and I lean my face towards his stomach. «Thank you.» He said and with that I felt the needle going in my gums and I can't help but squeeze my eyes shut and whimper. «Shh, shhh. I know baby, I know. Take a few deep breaths for me.» Harry says, I try to do as he says. «I'm gonna count to ten, the it will be over. 1.. 2., 3.., 4.. 5.. 6.. 7.. 8.. 9.... and... 10.» Harry retract the needle from my mouth and I wipe the few tears that spill from my eyes.

Just when I had taken a very much needed deep breath, Harry came over me again with yet another needle. «Oh no.» I say with a small pout on my lips. «I'm sorry love, this is the last needle.» Harry looked in my eyes, I could see that he didn't find this exciting or fun either. Poor guy have to do this to me, must be hard for him too. Harry laid his hand that is holding the needle on top of my chest, using the other hand to caress his thumb on my cheek.

I look up at him, «I'm sorry Harry.» I can't see his face due to him wearing his mask, but I could see his eyes softening. «What are you sorry about?» He asked me in a very gentle voice. «I'm sorry that I make your job hard for you, and I am sorry for all the arguing the past months. I hope that after today we can take some time to make our relationship better and back to where we once were. «Nina, don't worry about that. I accept your apology even though I think you have apologised enough already. I am sorry for making you go through all this stuff you hate, but I really do it cause I genuinely care and love you.» He said. I nodd my head understanding and I place my right hand on his knee, squeezing it. «I know and I love you for it.» I tell him.

Harry took the mirror in his left hand and leaned closer to me. «Just one more shot and we are done with the worst part.» Harry said and I opened my mouth. This shot is the worst one because it goes in the gums behind my teeth. Harry adjusted himself underneath my head and placed the mirror inside my mouth. I closed my eyes as I could see the needle going closer towards my mouth. I whimper and took a stronger hold on Harry's knee. «You are doing great Nina, just a bit more pressure and it will all be over.» Harry tried to relax me. The pressure got too much and I raised my hand from Harry's knee and held it up in the air. «Just three more seconds.» And soon the pressure stopped and I opened my eyes to see that Harry was placing the needle away. «Good job love, I am very proud of you! Do you want some water?» I nodded, and the chair started to raise up into a sitting position again.