35. Painting the home office

Friday evening, Harry's point of view:

Nina was out having dinner with her publisher, not to talk business, just to hang out and relax. I had ordered a pizza for myself and was inside the room which is gonna be my home office. I am so thrilled and excited, this has been a dream of mine for years! I am currently painting the walls in a white shade. I turned around when I heard a noise coming from the doorway. Nina was standing there leaning against the door frame, looking beautiful as always. «Hi there» she said smiling. «Hello love. How was the dinner?» I took off the latex gloves I use when I paint and toss them away, getting up and walked over to her, giving her a small peak on her cheek. «It was really nice. So lovely to have a proper chat with Brittany without discussing book details and such. The food was divine!» «I'm happy to hear.»

«You are painting I see.» She looked around the room. «Yeah. Liam is coming over on Sunday to help me set up the cupboards and such so I thought I might as well get done with the painting tonight.» «Do you want any help with the painting?» «Do you wanna help?» «Yeah, I mean. We help each other out right? I know this is something you want, so I'm gonna be a good girlfriend and help you.» «You are so sweet, thank you. Go and change into something you can get stains on.»

Nina got back a few minutes later and I handed her a painting brush. «Would you like to wear some gloves as well?» She nodded. I reach over to the box of gloves and handed her a pair. «I really appreciate this, Nina.» I smiled genuinely at her. She nodded with a small smile, «That's why I'm doing this.» She started painting. After a few moments of silent, she break it. «When is the equipment and the chair and stuff arriving?» I was a bit taken back of the question. «It will arrive on Monday afternoon.» I heard her take a heavy breath. «So that's why Liam is helping you out on Sunday?» «Yes. He is also coming here on Monday to help me set up everything.» «Oh.. Okey.»

«What do you feel about this?» «About you setting up a dental office in our home?» I turned around looking at her. «Yeah?» «Hmm. I'm not sure actually. When you first told me I was quite mad, but after a while I started thinking that you told me that you have been thinking about this before we even met. I want to support your dreams, Harry. Even though we don't agree on everything and we don't share every single dreams together. Even though I am scared of going to the dentist, and you are a dentist, doesn't mean I don't want to support you. I just find it a bit uncomfortable and weird.» «Honey, you are the best girlfriend I could have ever asked for. I love you. And thank you so much for always supporting me even though you find this scary.» «I love you too Harry.»

«So, when will the office be ready?» «It will be completely ready by tuesday.» «Wow. That went quickly. Only a week from planning and deciding on turning this room out to be your office, and a week later it's a completely new dentist office.» «Haha, yeah I didn't think it would go this fast. But I have talked with Liam and we have been looking at different dental chairs for a while so it wasn't hard to make the decisions.» «I see. Well, anyway I'm happy you finally are getting this.» I was so touched by how nice she is on me. «Thank you, really. I seriously can't thank you enough!» «Don't worry about it baby, you have been so supporting towards me when I have been writing my book. If I don't support you back in your career.. I mean, you deserve the same support back.»

«I know this might seem a bit too much, but I was hoping you could be my first patient when the office is ready

«I know this might seem a bit too much, but I was hoping you could be my first patient when the office is ready.» Nina signed, sat down on the floor and put the painting brush away. I laid my brush down next to hers and looked over at her. Trying to read her facial expression. She looked up at me, kept her eyes on me. «I kind of knew you were gonna ask me this.» She paused, looking down at her gloved fingers, using her thumb to trace a spot of paint. «I really want to support you, but you know how difficult this is for me.»

I walked over to her and sat down next to her. I put my left arm around her and pushed her into my chest. I laid my head upon hers. «You are my greatest supporter, believe it or not. You being in here with me, helping me paint these walls is making my heart ache in love I feel for you. You have no idea how much this makes me happy. For you just admitting it to me that you find this difficult, is showing me how brave you are. I completely understand that you find it very weird that we are gonna have a dental office in our own home, but letting me do this makes my love for you grow founder. I've seen such a massive progression on how you have dealt with your fear for the past few months, and I know for sure that you can do this too. I know you are scared, but you have been visiting me several times down at the clinic before. This is just a room in our beloved home, and it's me, Harry.»

I lifted my head down towards her face and a single tear was sliding down her cheek. I took off my gloves and used my thumb to dry the tear away. «Shh, don't cry my love.» She sniffled, looking at me. «I love you Harry.» «Aww, babes.» I kissed her. «I really do want to overcome my fear. If you promise me that we can take breaks and let me breath whilst needed, we can give it a try.» «Yes! This makes me even more happy. My dream is coming true and my girlfriend is the braves woman in the world.» Nina started laughing. «Stop being stupid now Harry.» «I'm not stupid. You are the bravest woman I know.» She looked away and started blushing. «Hey, don't be so shy.» I lay my right hand on her cheek and tilted her head towards me. «Look at me now.» She slowly looked at me. «You are brave, you are strong and you have a beautiful heart. I love you.» «Thank you Harry. And the same goes to you. I love you too. Let's finish the painting, I want to go to bed soon.» «Haha, alright.» I kissed her once more before she broke the space between us and started painting again.