24. Liam, Harry's dentist

Harry's point of view:

I woke up to the sound of my alarm clock I turned my body over and turned it off. It was 7 am, a bit early as it is Saturday morning but I want to do my morning run before I need to go to the clinic for my check up with Liam. I looked over to Nina, she was sound asleep. I don't want to wake her up yet, so I quietly get my running outfit from the closet and I head outside for my run.

Nina's point of view:

I woke up to Harry's soft voice saying «Nina, honey you need to get up if you want to get ready and have breakfast before we go to the clinic» while he slightly is shaking me. «Hmm?» I think I fell asleep whilst he was speaking to me. «Haha, you need to get up.» «What time is it? Isn't it Saturday? Go back to sleep Harry.» «Yes, it's Saturday and it's 8.30 am. You agreed on going with me for my check up with Liam remember?» «Oh yeah. But why do we have to go so early. Can't you just call Liam and say will be there by noon?» «Honey, Liam has lunch plans, that's why we had to do it at 10.» «But that's perfect. Then we can just meet him this afternoon instead.» «No Nina, we planned this. We are meeting him at the clinic at 10. Now get up lazy ass.» «Don't call me lazy Harry, it's Saturday. I like to relax in the mornings in the weekends.»

I went up and took a quick shower. I brushed my teeth and put some makeup on trying to make it look natural. I went downstairs and Harry was already seated by the table eating his breakfast. «I made us some pancakes and coffee, come join me.» He said, not seeming nervous about his dentist appointment at all.

Harry's point of view:

I finished my breakfast and headed upstairs to the bathroom. I took a shower after my run before I woke up Nina, so I'm almost done. I brushed my teeth and flossed them. I went downstairs again. «Nina are you ready? We need to leave now.» I called for her. «Yeah, I'm coming.» We put out shoes and jackets on and left the house. While I was driving towards the clinic Nina asked «Harry, are you nervous?» I looked over at her smiling, she looked a bit nervous to be honest. «No I'm not love.» «How come can all this things be so easy for you, but for me it's so hard?» «Aww, Nina don't think about it in that way. Before I went to dental school I was only visiting my old dentist once a year. I was never scared, but it wasn't something I really looking forward to either. When I was studying dentistry we all had to practise on each other. We normally practised at the clinic at uni for two days a week. So after a month I wasn't thinking about it at all, even though it was my classmates who were my 'dentist'. And now when I have worked for a dentist myself the last three years, I don't find it weird or anything. It's just something I'm so used to. I've seen Liam several times the last years and he is so good at his work so for me it's just very normal.» «Hmm. I see.» was the reply I got from her. I took my hand at her thigh and squeezed it. «Are you nervous love?» she immediately looked at her lap. I knew for sure she was nervous. «I know this is very new for you and I understand if you find it a bit terrifying to see all the tools and stuff, normally you can't see them when you are laying in the chair, but I promise you that I will be okay the whole time.» She took her hand over mine and squeezed it. «Yeah, that's the thing. I'm going to see this from a different view and I don't like the tools at all.» «I know honey, but at the same time I think this will show you that it isn't as scary as you might imagine.» «I hope so Harry.»