4. Cavities

Harry uses his feet to push himself and the chair towards me and as soon as he have taken his gloves off and his mask down under his jaw again he push the tray away and open his arms for me to come and join him. I cry out in pain and in fair, cause I know now for sure that there is something that needs to be fixed, cause his dentist of a boyfriend have just seen the problem himself. Harry holds me and strokes his hands up and down my back in order to try to calm me down. When I'm done crying he pushes me a bit backwards in order to se my face. I know I look like such a baby so I hide my face in the palms of my hands.

"Don't hide yourself Nina. I want to see that pretty face of yours."

"No, I have tears all over my face and that is an ugly style.."

"Haha, I've seen you cry before babe, don't worry about that. You are pretty cute anyway." As he says that he push my hands away. "Babe, I am so sorry for being the reason for you crying and I hate to se you hurt, but it had to be done. I hope you understand me and don't hate me now." I looked at him and he made a silly sad face, that face made me always smile.

"There's that beautiful smile of yours, I love when your smiling with your teeth." As soon as Harry said that I shut my mouth closed. "Why are you hiding your mouth now? You aren't even in the dental chair."

"Because you said you loved looking at my 'beautiful' teeth and my teeth aren't beautiful now are they? I have problems with them don't I? That means they aren't beautiful, and I bet you are ashamed having a girlfriend with bad teeth because you are working as a dentist and see so many prettier smiles everyday.."

I feel tears coming in my eyes again.

"Honey, beautiful look at me. Now, look me in the eyes. Don't cry. Even though you have decay in your teeth doesn't mean that you don't have a pretty smile when you smile with them. I work with so many different patients everyday and I see so many different causes in each and every mouth. Even a pretty smile can hide so many nasty things, you have no idea. You have two cavities, but that doesn't mean that I am ashamed of having you as my girlfriend. Everyone can get cavities, darling, everyone. Even dentists have cavities sometimes. Some have very strong teeth that can have a cleaning once a day, others have very sensitive teeth that might brush and floss twice every day and still get cavities. I know you have a good mouth hygiene cause I live with you and I see how you work on that beautiful smile every day. But you might haven't been that good at flossing lately and I have forgotten to take you here for a 6 months cleaning and a checkup where you get a fluoride treatment as well. So this can have been caused by me as much as you babe."

"I have two cavities?" I start sobbing again.

"Was that all you could hear me saying? Or did you get the rest of if to?"

"I could hear everything, but I don't want to have cavities.. Harry, you cant drill me!"

"Nina, in order for you to get the pain away I need to drill your two cavities away and then do a filling. And if you don't let me do it today then you are at the risk of needing two root fillings and you don't want that do you?"

"No of course not, but I also don't want the fillings."

"Be reasonable now babe, You are only saying that because your scared, I do understand that but I know what I'm doing and on a daily basis I'm doing a minimum of three fillings a day. Trust me I'm good at it and I now for sure what I'm doing." He kisses my head several times. I just lean in closer to hold him close and I move into his neck to smell his perfume. Thats something I have learned to do when I'm scared, because when I close my eyes and smell him and feel his steady breathing I feel so safe.
We just sit there for a while, and I am so glad that Harry is really using time to make sure I'm okey with everything.

"I have thought it over" I said as i break the silence.

"And..?" Harry says with a slightly half-face smile.

"Well there is not much other to do in order for me to get the pain away." "That's my brave girl. I am going to be as careful I can and do the best I can do, I love you Nina." "I love you too, Harry." We kissed each other and soon I was cringing again by the pain and Harry asked if he should set up for the procedure.