Chapter 25

A/N: Dedicated to the runner up in the competition, @lunar_ship I loved the cover! Thank you so much!

*********************

Keith rolls over in his sleep, groaning. His arms are wrapped tightly around his pillow, his face buried in it.

"(Y/N)," He moans softly, snuggling deeper into the pillow. He sighs and rolls over. He groans and puts his arm over his eyes. "(Y/N), I had the weirdest dream last night. I caught you and Lance having sex and-"

A loud pounding at his door causes Keith to stop. "What?!" He calls sleepily, eyes still closed.

"Keith!" Pidge bangs on the door, her voice panicky. "(Y/N) is gone!"

"What?!" Keith sits up, looking over at the empty spot beside him. His heart sinks. "It was real."

"Keith!!"

"I'm coming!" Keith grabs his shirt and hurries out of the room.

He stumbles into the hall. The others are all in (Y/N)'s room. Hunk is leaning against the doorway. Pidge is sitting sadly on her bed. Shiro is facing the wall, Allura comforting him gently. Lance gazes out the window.

"Shiro!" Keith wriggles his arms through his shirt's holes. "Where's (Y/N)?!"

"She's gone, Keith." His voice is soft.

"What do you mean, she's gone?!" Keith's voice breaks.

"She's not here. She's out of commission. She's missing." Lance snaps, still looking straight ahead.

"You mean, she left?!"

"We think so," Shiro pinches the bridge of his nose.

Lance looks over from where he stares out the window. Keith growls and storms over to him.

"This is all your fault!" He grabs Lance by the collar. "You just couldn't keep your dick in your pants! You just couldn't help yourself!"

Lance pushes Keith away, but his grip is firm. "Let go of me!"

"I will not!" Keith spats. "You caused this!"

"Keith," Shiro placed a hand on his shoulder. "It's not Lance's fault!"

Keith whirls to face him. "Isn't it?! This little shit has been pretending this whole time!" Keith shakes a finger in Lance's face. "That whole, 'I think of you as a sister' thing was pure crap! You're in love with her! When she was dying," Keith's voice grows husky. "When she was dying and you comforted me, I told you that I loved her! And what did you say, 'I know.' You were shaking, and at the time I thought it was out of grief, but now I know it was out of anger! God! You hugged me! You comforted me! And the whole time you were in love with her too and hating on me!

"And you kissed her on accident once! But it wasn't an accident, was it?! You purposely tickled her and fell on her! You wanted to be right up against her, you wanted to put your hands on her and kiss her!" Keith shakes with anger. "How could you-"

Lance brings up his hand and punches Keith across the face. Keith staggers backward, and lands hard on the ground.

"Lance!" Shiro scolds, crouching down next to Keith. Keith stares up at Lance, who looks away guiltily.

"Princess Allura!" Coran hurries in. "There's a pod missing. Would you like me to scan the area for it?"

"Yes, please, Coran." Allura nods. "I'm going to go with him," She murmurs to Shiro, touching his arm gently before following Coran.