Chapter 36

"Did you sleep at all last night?" You ask Keith gently, your hand on his shoulder. He sits on the edge of your bed and you kiss his back softly.

He shakes his head. "No, I couldn't fall asleep."

"I'm sorry. I'm so sorry," You remove your hand as he turns to look at you, eyes fierce.

"Don't be sorry! I love you! Okay? I love you, (Y/N). I want to marry you. I want to call you my wife! I want to have kids with you." Keith sighs and takes your hands in his. "I want to be with you. I want to have that kind of future with you."

You smile, blushing. "I want that kind of future with you too," You suddenly feel shy and embarrassed at the thought of a life like that with him.

Keith pulls you into him and hugs you tight. His hand cups the back of your head and he buries his face in your hair. "Will you marry me, (Y/N)?"

"I already am marrying you, Keith," You mumble into his shirt, feeling touched at how sweet he's being.

"Would you say yes if I hadn't asked you before?" He questions.

You kiss the base of his neck lovingly. "I'd say yes as many times as you'd ask me. I'd say yes a million times. I love you, Keith Kogane."

"And I love you, (F/N)(L/N)," Keith kisses your cheek softly.

***

"Have you decided what to do about Lance?" You ask quietly, after a moment.

Keith pulls back, his face pained. "I'm just going to act as normal as possible to him. He already knows that I choose you. With time, everything will be back to normal."

"I hope so," You sigh, collapsing backward on the bed.

Keith moves and he braces himself over you. He presses his forehead to your's. "Me too, baby. Me too."

********************

Blu wakes up with a jolt. He sits up, sweating. Varius stirs in his sleep next to him. Blu breathes deeply, his head in his hands. Varius cracks his eyes open and his gaze goes soft as he watches the love of his life.

"Lay down, Blu," Varius tugs at his arm gently. "It's okay. I'm here."

Blu nods slowly and falls back into bed.

"The usual nightmare?" Varius kisses Blu's bare shoulder.

"Yeah," Blu's fingers entwine with his.

"It'll be okay." Varius kisses the back of Blu's hand. "It's not real."

"I know," Blu turns on his side to face the demon. "But it just feels so real." His voice breaks.

"I know," Varius kisses his forehead. "But don't worry. I'll never let anyone hurt you ever. I'll protect you till the day I die. I'll burn anyone who even looks at you."

Blu feels his eyes water and he hugs Varius tightly. Varius' warm arms slide around him and hold him harder.

"I'll do the same for you." Blu mumurs.

"Good," Varius chuckles adoringly.

The lights flicker and the room dims.

"I hope someone gets our signal soon." Varius sighs.

"Me too. Hey, have you ever thought about the fact that we have a Galra ship so no one will probably help us?"

"Nope. Not at all."

"Oh, okay. Then I guess I have nothing to worry about."

"Nope."

*********************