Chapter 38

"Blu!"

In an instant, you're on your back, the boy's face buried in your chest. His shoulders shake and you can feel his tears soaking your jumpsuit. Your eyes fill with water and then you're bawling, your arms snaking around him.

You can't believe it. He's really with you. It's really him.

"(Y/N)," He weeps. "(Y/N), (Y/N), (Y/N),"

"It's you. It's really you." You sob. "Oh my God. Blu. Bluthorn."

"Oh, (Y/N)! I thought I'd never see you again!"

You clutch him as tight as you can. Whitey watches silently, his heart exploding with joy for his friend. Shiro stares dumbstruck. Pidge cries quietly into Hunk's chest, and he rubs her back, a happy tear or two slipping down his cheeks. Lance has a hand over his mouth to muffle a small cry and he turns and throws his arms around Keith who holds him gently.

"I'm sorry. I'm so sorry," You squeeze your eyes shut. "I-I never should have left you. I should've been there with you. I'm your big sister. I'm supposed to protect you! But I didn't. You must hate me." You break down. "It's all my fault!"

"Shut up," Blu mumbles, shaking his head. His hands are bunched in your shirt. "It's not your fault,"

"But I left you alone and dying," You wail.

"Stop. You're my sister and I love you so much. I could never hate you. And I don't blame you." Blu hugs you harder. "I know you'd never leave me."

You sniff. "But- how are you even alive? You were so sick-"

Blu pulls back, eyes bright with tears. He wipes his nose on his sleeve. "I met someone and he helped me a lot. We've been looking for you all this time."

"I have too," You choke.

You let go of him and wipe your eyes. You look at him, and he stares back at you. You take him in. His face is leaner, handsomer, his jaw more determined. His hair is tussled and messy like usual. His shoulders are broader and he looks physically stronger. He's a lot taller now too, much taller than you.

"You've grown up so much," You murmur, cupping his cheek.

"So have you," He smiles. "You look thinner, stronger, and prettier."

You smile despite remembering the bad memories related to how you got so skinny.

"Blu," Whitey says gently, placing a hand on his shoulder. Blu jumps. "Is this your sister?"

A pair of arms wraps around you and you look at Keith. You'd almost forgotten he and the others were there.

"Yeah," Blu nods, standing up. He offers you a hand and you take it. "This is my sister, (Y/N)."

Keith wraps an arm around your waist as you sniff again. You swipe your thumb under your eyes, catching a tear.

"Guys," You address your team. "This is my brother, Blu,"

Pidge sniffs as Shiro says, "We've heard so much about you. My name is Shiro. It's a pleasure to make your acquaintance."

"And your's as well," Blu shakes Shiro's outstretched hand. "My name is Bluthorn, but you can call me Blu. This is my mate, Varius," Blu looks lovingly at him. Varius ruffles Blu's hair sweetly.

Your mouth drops open. "Hold on. What?! Who said you could have a boyfriend?!"

Blu glances at you, his gaze soft. "Sorry, I know this probably isn't what you were expecting, especially after certain past experiences," He clears his throat. "But Varius saved my life and I love him with all of it. I want to be with him. I need to be with him." Blu's hand entwines with Varius'. "I'm sorry, (Y/N), if this isn't what you want, but you can't make me leave him." Blu sets his jaw.