Chapter 27

A/N: Dedicated to @_voltron_trash_

*********************
You're being dragged across the floor. Your upper arms are being held by two guards. You can feel the handcuffs digging hard into your wrist and your hands. Groggily you open your eyes. A dark purple floor looms in front of you. You pick your head up slowly. Two Galran guards walk next to you, grasping you tightly.

"W-where am I?" You groan, feet trailing behind you. Your head pounds wildly. Glancing down, you note the absence of your sword and dagger from your waist.

"Silence." The guard on your left squeezes your arm tightly.

"How about...no." You throw all your weight into the guard on your right, slamming him into the wall. The guard on your left lets out a cry but you sweep your leg underneath him and knock him over.

With the two guards out, you hurry down the hall, your heart pounding rapidly. As you turn down the corner, the sight of another hallway sends you into panic mode as you have a flashback back to when you were a prisoner on a Galra ship. You can remember the shackles on your hands and ankles, the feeling of being pulled naked down the hall by your hair from the captain's room to your cell, the blood from your core leaving a red trail.

Shuddering, you continue to stumble down the hall, desperately looking for a way out. Your vision is blurry, and you fight to see clearly. Turning another corner, you crash into a horde of guards.

"Oh, hello!" You sway on your feet. "You haven't seen the exit around here have you?"

The reply is a blaster shot towards your face.

You duck. "I thought as much. Thanks anyways. Well, I best be going."

You jump and kick several soldiers down, avoiding them as they throw their fists out to hit you. Another shot spirals toward you and you backflip in front of it, hands outstretched. The blast hits the chain dangling between your wrists and you land cleanly on your feet, hands free.

You punch the guard in the face, knocking him out. You grab the gun from his hand and shoot the other guards. One guard manages to get to the alarm and pull it before you shoot him dead. The alarm blares wildly, only increasing your already rapid heart-rate.

Another guard sneaks up behind you and puts you in a headlock. You kick him in the groin and slam the back of your head into his face. He collapses and you throw his body at two more soldiers coming at you.

More and more soldiers pour into the hallway, and despite your headache, you defeat them all. You elbow a guard in the gut and bring your joined hands down on the back of his head and he slams into the ground. A guard runs at you, and you get into a fighting stance.

"That's enough." A voice drawls.

Chills run up your spine. The guards disperse, and stand away from you, the fighting stopped. They hesitate a moment before they leave the scene.

You turn to Haggar, your expression steely, your voice cold and bold as you say, "Hello, mother."

*********************
"Keith. Keith!"

"Huh?" Keith's eyes fly open and he sits up, looking around. He's in his room. "Wha-what happened?" He presses his hand to his forehead, feeling a little dizzy.

"You passed out." Shiro looks down at him.

"I-I did?" Keith asks, bewildered and confused.

"Don't you remember?" Allura, who stands next to Shiro, asks. "You were talking with me and suddenly you just collapsed. You scared me half to death."