Chapter 43

A/N: Hey, guys! Sorry this is a few days late, but I was busy this weekend and this was one chapter I really didn't want to rush through. I hope it's good enough for you guys. There's kinda a lot of cussing, but, um, I mean this is some dramatic stuff going on so...

Anyways, enjoy!

**************
"There you are," Deletres says happily, sitting next to Keith on the couch.

"Huh?" Keith looks up. "Oh, yeah." He forces a smile.

Deletres pouts. "What's wrong?" She places her hand on Keith's knee. He shakes her off absentmindedly.

"I don't know." He puts his head in his hands. "I've been feeling weird lately. I didn't mean to slap (Y/N) earlier. I've never done that before. I don't know what's wrong with me."

"Nothing is wrong with you." Deletres soothes. "Your fiancée is being moody and, don't take this offensively, but she's being a bitch."

"No, you're right." Keith sighs. "She's been acting weird lately, but then again, so have I."

"I think she's just jealous, my love." Deletres slips the nickname in.

"But she has nothing to be jealous of!" Keith says exasperated.

"Doesn't she, though?" Deletres leans in and whispers.

Her breath tickles Keith's ear and her lips graze his neck. Keith's breath hitches and he swallows, his Adam's apple bobbing.

"But don't worry," Deletres pulls back. "She won't bother us anymore. So it can just be you and me."

"What do you mean?" Keith says abruptly, his eyes scanning her face. "What did you do?"

Deletres shrugs, one of her hands brushing Keith's cheek. "Nothing much. Let's just say, I've shown her my true colors and we've come to a certain...agreement."

****************

You'd been in life or death situations before. You'd survived a burning planet, being tortured and sexually assaulted, being stabbed through the gut by a hot magical dude with a sword. And in all those situations, you hadn't been afraid of death. Heck, you laughed in death's face, constantly slipping into its grasp before jumping back out like "Nah fam, I'm good."

But now- now you were scared. You were scared for your friends. Your brother. Your fiancée. Yourself.

'Has dying always felt this cold?' You ponder, staring up at the ceiling. Your blood is sticky between your fingers. 'Or am I just now noticing it?'

You want to get up. To hunt down that bitch. You try to lift yourself off the ground a little, but you can barely move a centimeter.

'Fuck.' You think, but you're calm about it. You're starting to feel sleepy and your eyelids flutter.

"Varius!" You hear a dim whisper from outside the door. "Varius! Not here!" Blu lets out a soft sigh.

'Blu.'

"Help," You try to form the word, but you can barely make a noise.

"Why not here?" Varius mumbles.

"Help."

"B-because!" Blu stutters. "Someone could walk in and see us."

"Help."

"Is that supposed to be a bad thing?" You can hear the smirk in Varius' voice. "For someone to see me dominating you?"

You hear another moan from Blu. Normally, you would've opened the door and smacked both of them in the head. But now, all you could do was lay there.