Chapter 40

"CANON BALL!" Lance screeches before he crashes into the water.

You let out a yelp as water slaps you in the face.

"Hey!" You splutter.

"Sorry!" Lance surfaces, spitting out a steam of water.

"Ew, gross!" Pidge wrinkles her nose.

Lance flashes a grin.

"Here I come!"

Blu races toward the pool and jumps, arms and legs outstretched. He whistles and Varius leaps out of the water and catches him around the waist. They fall back into the water with a loud sploosh.

Blu's head pops up and he shakes the water out of his hair. "Phew! How refreshing!"

"I'll say!" Varius agrees, grinning.

Blu pushes his damp hair back. His t-shirt clings to his body, and you frown.

"Blu, why are you wearing a t-shirt? You're the only one wearing one."

Which was a true statement. All of the boys were shirtless except for Blu, who was wearing a dark grey shirt.

Blu and Varius exchange subtle glances.

"I'm just a little self-conscious." Blu lies cheekily.

"Whatever you say," You shrug, turning to look at your fiancée.

He flicks some water at you and you giggle, hitting some back at him.

"I'm gonna get you!" Keith swims after you and you laugh, trying to swim as far away from him as possible.

"Swim, (Y/N)! Swim!" Allura teases. She sits on the edge of the pool with Shiro, her feet dangling.

"I'm trying," You cry in laughter, struggling to go faster.

Keith finally corners you, his arms braced on either side of you.

"I got you," He licks your face and you squirm.

"Yuck!"

Keith laughs and kisses your cheek before pulling you into him in a warm embrace.

You press your lips to his bare shoulder in affection and press your cheek to him.

"Hey, everybody!" Hunk calls from the edge of the pool. "Food's on!"

"Hell yeah!" Lance cheers, pulling himself out of the water. He offers you a hand and you take it. He then gives his hand to Keith who too takes it.

Lance feels a little flustered as Keith hauls himself out of the water. His hand lingers in Keith's a moment longer than necessary.

"So, uh, whatcha got for food, Hunk?" Blu rubs his hands together, eyeing the long table.

"We got a wonderful assortment here." Coran says happily. "We've got Altean crunchlar, spitar, sleetar-"