Chapter forty one

Adriana's POV

My heart raced as I stood there while the scene in front of me unfolded, the raging thump that formed in my chest did not help as I focused on my breath. Sweat trickled down my forehead and my neck while I froze in my spot.

In front of me, Dante, Fabio and Tony stood there with their men swarming the place while the three boys were conversing. Actually, it seemed like they were at a confrontational because all three men were towering a particular person. When I glanced and focused on the face a little that they were speaking to, my heart instantly fell deep in my stomach.

The man that Dante was talking to was none other than Antonio....

My breath hitched and tears had already drenched my whole face. My heart pounded in my chest as I thought I was staring at an illusion, but I was trying to convince myself that I was definitely hallucinating. The shock that I thought I would never feel in my life had hauled my whole body; I really couldn't fathom this.

I thought he was dead....

When realisation dawned upon me that this was all reality, it hit me then that I was never going to be set free from Antonio. The years worth of pain from the torture I would feel had all returned back and suddenly, I felt my skin burn as I remembered his rough skin on it. The way he mercilessly handled me was monstrous and the way he spoke to me was truly heart wrenching.

I hold on to the pillar as my head was spinning with all my thoughts; this could not be happening. My heart was aching at the sight because Dante was conversing with the man, like as if they were known to each other. They spoke like if they did this very often and it frightened me so much.

Just when I thought things would get better for me, this happens and it definitely proved to me that it was time for me to do something about it.

Fast...

***

Dante's POV

Content filled my stomach as I sense reality and that's when satisfaction filled my system that last night was all real.

Last night was all real and I..loved every single thing about it.

Last night felt like I had claimed what was always mine and I felt accomplished. I felt like Adriana was mine and the amount of relief that filled me was unbelievable; it was like as if that was one thing that kept me the happiest.

I flick my eyes open and relax on the bed that I had never laid on even though this estate was mine. I opened my eyes to meet the dark room, with the sunlight making its way through the slits of the curtains and also, expecting to find Adriana on my chest. When I realised how the space besides me was empty and cold, I throw my head to my left to find Adriana sitting on the edge of the bed while she sobbed.

Oh..God... no.. God no, no, no!

I close my eyes for a moment to reminisce last night, trying to rememberer whether Adriana had given me the consent and she did. She clearly did. However, right now she was sobbing and it felt like she regretted every single thing about last night.

I open my eyes and sit up while she still sat on the edge of the bed. I shift towards her being very careful with my actions and placed my hand on her shoulder. As soon as my hand touched her shoulder, she flinched and then turned around.