Prologue

(Just a picture of Keiko as a kid and some reading music posted above)

It's said that the sharingan awakens whenever an Uchiha goes through some sort of trauma or suddenly feels a large amount of emotion towards something... I still remember the first day I awoke my sharingan.

Flashback~

It was my birthday.  I had just turned 7 and I had spent the majority of the afternoon spending time with my favorite little brother Itachi.  Well, at the current time Itachi was my only brother so I'm allowed to call him my favorite.  We both took off our shoes and  ran inside.  Mother was cooking my favorite dinner, Tsukemen Ramen, and smiling softly while Itachi excitedly rattled on how the new jutsu I taught him was "the coolest thing ever!"

"Itachi dear, go clean up for dinner and you can tell me more about this jutsu after dinner."  She kept that warm smile on her face.  I loved her smile.  It always made me feel safe.  Itachi pouted but obliged.

"Ma, will papa be here tonight?"  I helped set up the table hoping that we could have a family dinner for once.  Mother stopped stirring for a moment and rested a hand on her very pregnant belly.

"I'm sure he will honey."  She gave me that warm smile again.  I grinned and finished setting everything up when I heard the door slide open.  My heart fluttered in excitement.

"Papa!"  I ran towards the front door and gave father a big hug earning a slight grunt.  I let go and gave him a cheeky smile, "Papa did you hear about me graduating the academy?" Looking up with excitement, I was greeted with a slight nod and a pat on the head.  Even though he showed little emotion, I knew that he loved me and that he was proud.

"How was your day dear?" Mother walked in and leaned gently on the wall.  Father gave her a gentle kiss on her forehead and rubbed her belly.

"It was fine."  He then went to go wash up for dinner.

After Dinnertime~

I helped mother put away the dishes and clean up while father was about to take Itachi with him to walk around the clan.  Just before he opened the door to go out there was a slight knock on the door.   I peeked around the wall and saw that one of the clan's elders had come to visit.  Father froze and ushered Itachi and I into a different room.  I looked up towards mother and sent her a questioning look.  However, this time she didn't smile.  Her face was completely stoic. The elder frowned at me but followed father and mother.

"Keiko when will you show me that other jutsu you did earlier today?"  Itachi tugged on my sleeve and looked up at me with hopeful eyes.

"Itachi you just learned a new one today.  Master this one and then I'll teach you the next one."  I smiled and tousled his hair causing him to make that adorable pout that always made me laugh.