Konoha's Devastation

Thanks to Naruto's help and Jiraiya's books, we were able to find out the code on the back of Fukasaku was that the real Pein is not among the ones that Jiraiya had fought

Thanks to Naruto's help and Jiraiya's books, we were able to find out the code on the back of Fukasaku was that the real Pein is not among the ones that Jiraiya had fought. However Jiraiya had completely incapacitated one of the Peins and so they took the body in for an autopsy to see what we could learn from it. Then in order to grow his power and learn sage mode, Naruto went with Fukasaku to Mount Myōboku. Since then Kakashi and I have been keeping to the village the most we could.

It had been about a month since Jiraiya's death. Kakashi and I have been spending as much time with Obito and Izuna as we could. Thankfully since we were a part of the team that took down Kakuzu and Hidan, Tsunade hadn't pulled us into any missions. The boys were growing so fast and even though they couldn't talk completely well they definitely gibbered a lot.

I was just sitting in the living room in some comfortable black yoga pants and a black loose V-neck tank top. Izuna excitedly crawled towards me as I waved his favorite plush ducky. When he was in reach I pulled him into my arms and gave him a tight squeeze earning a loud laugh and giggling from the raven haired twin. However that also sparked a jealous look in the silver haired twin who instantly pouted and reached towards me from Kakashi but was instantly distracted by the glimmer of Kakashi's headband and tugged on it.

Just then the doorknob jiggled a little followed by fast knocking. "Keiko? Kakashi? Please open up!" I could hear Kurenai yelling. I gave Kakashi a worried look and pulled Obito out of his father's arms and held him and Izuna close to my chest. Kakashi pulled the door open to Kurenai who was just starting to show her pregnant belly. "The Leaf is under attack by the Akatsuki leader! They're having all civilians evacuate." She was panting as I then could hear explosions setting off in the distance. I jumped forward and quickly put Izuna and Obito in a stroller that resembled a carriage.

"Take Izuna and Obito with you and evacuate. We'll go help people that are in the midst of everything right now." I said as I pulled my cloak over me.

"You should go with the boys." Kakashi grabbed my arm lightly with a pleading look in his eyes.

"This is my job Kakashi. You and I both know the dangers of it. We don't have time to waste and if they were able to get in without us noticing until he was in town we need to go now." I argued and zipped up the cloak. He sighed and gave me a small nod as Kurenai tightly gripped the stroller.

"You two be safe and come back alive okay?" She said with a strain in her voice. I could tell she was on the verge of tears.

"Of course. What kind of friend would I be if I just died?" I gave her a smile and pulled on Kakashi's sleeve. "Let's go."